Software or Hardware issue?

macfly

Inspired
I have my Scene switch set up to be:

Switch Tap = Sticky Scene
Switch Hold = Single Preset/Bank

Yesterday at home it freaked out on me. At a point it was stuck in Sticky Scene mode but the light wasn't on (tap function should have light stay on). I'd probably have let it go, but it did it again last night at rehearsal. Everything worked fine before and after, and it's working normally today so far.

My first inclination would be a software thing or processor overload or something, but I have no idea how this stuff works, so I shouldn't be trying to diagnose it! :lol

I think I have had some little buggy things happen here and there, but I'm not sure...they always happened when I was drinking, so I'm figuring they were operator error!!!!

Anyway, this one is not...any ideas or similar experiences?

Just did it again. When this happens, I can hold it down and change presets AND when I get there, I have sticky scenes without reselecting sticky scenes.

Just did it again. When this happens, I can hold it down and change presets AND when I get there, I have sticky scenes without reselecting sticky scenes.

this could be normal.

the switch you describe basically has 3 functions:

Off = Stomp Mode (individual blocks on/off)
Tap/On = Sticky Scene Mode
Hold/On = Preset/Bank

if the Switch is currently OFF, you are in Stomp Mode - Holding the Switch changes to Preset/Bank, you select a Preset, and it returns to Off/Stomp Mode.

if the Switch is currently ON, you are in Sticky Scene mode - Holding the Switch changes to Preset/Bank, you select a Preset, and it returns to On/Sticky Scene mode.

the issue could be the light not remaining on or indicating things properly. i'll see if i can reproduce this later. but conceptually, the function you described makes sense (if what i described is the same thing).

What Firmware version is on your FX8? (Press Setup, then Switch 3 for Utility, and Page over to FW Version.)

Latest firmware. When in Sticky Scene, MOST of the time if I hold the switch down, nothing happens. I've been trying to get it to do it otherwise, with no success...Thanks for helping me run it down...

When in any mode, if a function switch Is depressed, that mode should be cancelled. The footswitch needs to be depressed a second time to set another mode. You may have discovered a bug, but we will need to investigate.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Hi Macfly,

I set up an FX8 like you described and can't seem to get this problem to happen. If it is a software bug it's got to be reliant on some variable that hasn't been uncovered yet. Try digging deeper and let me know... To eliminate the possibility of something like a problematic switch, maybe you could set the SCEN switch to "NONE" and try this with what is normally the LOOPER switch.

What I've just realized is that it might work better for me this way:

Scene switch Tap = Single Preset/Bank
Scene switch Hold = None
Looper switch Tap = Bypass
Looper switch Hold = Tuner
Tempo switch Tap = Sticky Scene
Tempo switch Hold = None

I realized that I like the Scenes to stay on, so this way I can change presets and still use scenes.

I'm sorry that doesn't help solve the problem, but for now I think it's what I need to do to get through gigs this weekend.

New arrangement worked beautifully this weekend. I really prefer it to the one that was weirding out.

Back
Top Bottom