So you can't have the switches 1+2 and 3+4 do extra?

I'm sorry but still not getting this. I feel like I'm going to F something up. I just want my 4 ext switches on the back of the FC12 to globally Plex Delay, Filter Boost, Delay and my main lead sound on patch #1 that I can access globally. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

I see how to set the Ext Switch up for turning the bypass on/off in the Plex Delay.....but that is not global. I want it across everything that Ext Sw #1 is PLEX DELAY.
Ah, so you want it to be global. That’s new information.

You’ll have to assign it in every preset that you use.

Ah, so you want it to be global. That’s new information.

You’ll have to assign it in every preset that you use.
I think the OP wants to set 3 switches to turn specific effects on/off and 1 to select a specific preset. I'm not sure why this could not be done globally as layouts are global (aside from per preset switches).

It assumes the effects in question are in the presets, but I'm making the assumption that is the case.

Unless Stand-in switches are different? I have not had a need to use them yet...

I think the OP wants to set 3 switches to turn specific effects on/off and 1 to select a specific preset. I'm not sure why this could not be done globally as layouts are global (aside from per preset switches).
He wants his external switches to perform functions that aren’t performed by any built-in switches (we just learned that he also wants that to be global).

To do this, he needs to assign those external switches to modifiers. To make it global, he needs to do that in every preset that he’s using.

There’s also the option of assigning them as stand-in switches for switches in other layouts that he’s not using.

He wants his external switches to perform functions that aren’t performed by any built-in switches (we just learned that he also wants that to be global).

To do this, he needs to assign those external switches to modifiers. To make it global, he needs to do that in every preset that he’s using.

There’s also the option of assigning them as stand-in switches for switches in other layouts that he’s not using.

I only use one layout. If going to another layout allows a global use of those 4 switches while in the layout that I use mainly....fine....same difference. If not then I would like to make a request to Cliff and the team to truly make this an easier process and just allow simple setup for permanent global uses of those buttons.

I only use one layout. If going to another layout allows a global use of those 4 switches while in the layout that I use mainly....fine....same difference. If not then I would like to make a request to Cliff and the team to truly make this an easier process and just allow simple setup for permanent global uses of those buttons.
If you only use one layout, then you have seven other layouts to draw stand-ins from. Just make your external switches as stand-ins for footswitches in those other layouts. No need to change layouts during performance.

If you only use one layout, then you have seven other layouts to draw stand-ins from. Just make your external switches as stand-ins for footswitches in those other layouts. No need to change layouts during performance.
I loosely understand what your talking about but I cannot seem to assign them to the Ext Switches without it mimicking another FC12 button I'm already using. Ideally I'd like the Ext Switches to have my 4 go to IA's and then make the upper 6 buttons on the FC12 be a per preset basis. If anyone has a detailed step by step, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I loosely understand what your talking about but I cannot seem to assign them to the Ext Switches without it mimicking another FC12 button I'm already using. Ideally I'd like the Ext Switches to have my 4 go to IA's and then make the upper 6 buttons on the FC12 be a per preset basis. If anyone has a detailed step by step, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
1) Pick a footswitch on a layer that you never use.

2) Assign that footswitch to the function that you want the external switch to perform.

3) Set the external switch to be a stand-in for the switch you just created.

4) Done!

You'll need to assign the external switches as Stand-In Switches using the front panel of the Axe-Fx III.

Maybe I'm missing something? Why can't the effects be turned on/off with a standard switch function?

From the OP he just wants 3 IA switches and 1 preset switch.

Sorry for being dense if I am... :)

Maybe I'm missing something? Why can't the effects be turned on/off with a standard switch function?
They can be. That was solution I offered in post #23.

Later in the thread, we learned that he wants those switches to be global. In that case, Stand-in Switches will be a lot less work because he won’t have to edit each individual preset.

From the OP he just wants 3 IA switches and 1 preset switch.
There is no mention of a preset switch in the OP.

They can be. That was solution I offered in post #23.

Later in the thread, we learned that he wants those switches to be global. In that case, Stand-in Switches will be a lot less work because he won’t have to edit each individual preset.
Ok... That is what I was thinking. I must have misread something up thread that sent me thinking otherwise.

We're on the same page :)
There is no mention of a preset switch in the OP.
Sorry... It was a later post:
I just want my 4 ext switches on the back of the FC12 to globally Plex Delay, Filter Boost, Delay and my main lead sound on patch #1 that I can access globally.

Let me state that I do not program and do not know how difficult it is to do the following. But making it simple stupid easy to set these 4 switches to whatever you want should be implemented if can. The work arounds seems silly. I don't know.....maybe it is just me. But I would like to simply assign them in the FC main page just like you can the other 6 or 12 buttons.

Let me state that I do not program and do not know how difficult it is to do the following. But making it simple stupid easy to set these 4 switches to whatever you want should be implemented if can. The work arounds seems silly. I don't know.....maybe it is just me. But I would like to simply assign them in the FC main page just like you can the other 6 or 12 buttons.
Follow the three steps I listed in post 28 above. It doesn’t get much easier than that. ;)

Regardless of how you think it should work, by following the steps laid out in several other threads you would have had it all up and working by now. Considering that it is functionality that was added after the fact, it's a very clever solution to expanding the use of the external inputs, and it's much easier to program than you seem to think it is.

Danny W.

Regardless of how you think it should work, by following the steps laid out in several other threads you would have had it all up and working by now. Considering that it is functionality that was added after the fact, it's a very clever solution to expanding the use of the external inputs, and it's much easier to program than you seem to think it is.

Danny W.
I'm happy they did but wondering why not just make as easy like the other main buttons? Just an explanation. I mean Cliff tells us details on amp schematics that maybe 1% of us understand. Just wondering why they wouldn't for this. No problem either way. Just curious..... Like a kitten

Back
Top Bottom