So will this be the new permanent price?

somata

Inspired
My plan was to score an Axe FX 2 in August or September, so I wasn't at all caught up in the release stress, but now that the price has climbed up and the waiting list has been implemented, I'm wondering if $2599 will be the price once the chaos dies down, or if the original advertised price will return? Any thoughts?

My plan was to score an Axe FX 2 in August or September, so I wasn't at all caught up in the release stress, but now that the price has climbed up and the waiting list has been implemented, I'm wondering if $2599 will be the price once the chaos dies down, or if the original advertised price will return? Any thoughts?

This happened with the Ultra when there was a waiting list. The price went back down to normal, and then even on sale at some point for even less.

Afraid I would have given in and just paid the extra $100.00 if I were you by now if I really wanted one, and by the way it is a great controller. But can't swing paying a extra $400.00 for the Axe II when I still have my Ultra working great, hopefully not too many will just pay the extra $400.00 so they get to the waiting list quicker

I think the price hike wasn't nearly high enough, they'll prolly keep raising it until automated purchasing levels out.

The fine print is clear: you get a coupon for 400$ off once they contact you. So, the price has not changed.

Thats if you're on the waiting list...I guess I'm trying to decide whether to get on the waiting list or not. In other words what will the price look like 3-4 months out is what I'm curious about...

I think the price hike wasn't nearly high enough, they'll prolly keep raising it until automated purchasing levels out.

The price raise wasn't intended to discourage everyone without a coupon from buying. I would suspect that the price raise was intended to discourage enough people from buying immediately that the waiting list will work properly, but low enough that some people could still justify the premium to get a unit in their hands right away.

There's no price hike. It's now selling at retail price, rather than sale price or street price. It was kind of Cliff to sell it at sale price to begin with. Most manufacturers sell at retail price.

There's no price hike. It's now selling at retail price, rather than sale price or street price. It was kind of Cliff to sell it at sale price to begin with. Most manufacturers sell at retail price.

That's not entirely true. Most products have a suggested retail price (MSRP), but the actual selling price is less.

That's not entirely true. Most products have a suggested retail price (MSRP), but the actual selling price is less.

That is precisely my point! 2599 is the retail price (MSRP), typically manufacturers sell their products at retail price. Big sellers(chain stores, online stores (3rd party) etc) sell at sale price, which is usually 20% lower or sometimes even more. This is to encourage consumers to buy from sellers.

bertbacharat said:
The MFC list is still going? How long is the list? How does it work?

No idea how long it was, although I saw a post a while back where someone not too far ahead of me in terms of when he signed up was notified. (I doubt if additional names are being accepted for the list.) FWIW, I don't need an MFC yet, so I'm hoping to get a coupon before I do.

It wasn't what most people would consider a waiting list, and generated considerable angst. Instead of offering people a chance to purchase a unit when their names came up, it gave people who were willing to wait long enough a discount coupon. You still had to keep checking the site to find one in stock.

IOW, it was an attempt to delay some of the demand by offering a 13% off coupon, not a waiting list. Even though MFCs are not hard to snag now, the coupons seem to be slow in coming.

I hope Cliff jumps in and explains how the Axe 2 list is going to work. Otherwise the assumption would have to be that it's the same deal as the MFC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom