So when is the waitlist open!

Ultimately that is WAY more frustrating than a waiting list - depending on how quickly FAS can make units. Once you are on the list, you can sit back and wait for the invite to purchase. Otherwise, you are constantly hitting the web store hoping to catch one in stock. It could be a few months before they catch up to the demand. I would become VERY frustrated if I had to constantly try my luck for months.

Now, if FAS has sufficient stock to meet the initial demand then I agree that a waiting list is not needed. Problem is that we don't know how many units a small company like FAS can produce or how high the initial demand is for the AX8.

I don't know FAS's logic here, but due to perceived high demand and limited availability I think all the first batches would likely be bought by eBay scalpers and resold at profit if they made them freely available when in stock. Wait list assures that individuals are buying them one at a time which is cool I think.

i'd guess this is the main reason.

Yes, high demand and limited availability.

There will always be people trying to sell from the first batch at a profit on eBay. Not much you can do about that.

I'm good with whenever they get the list up. I've been through a few product launches and its a pretty insane undertaking. Getting it wrong can be a disaster that is a headache for months. You only get one chance to get it right. I trust their judgement even if it takes a bit longer than they intended. If they decide it will take a bit more time to get it right, so be it.

I'm good with whenever they get the list up. I've been through a few product launches and its a pretty insane undertaking. Getting it wrong can be a disaster that is a headache for months. You only get one chance to get it right. I trust their judgement even if it takes a bit longer than they intended. If they decide it will take a bit more time to get it right, so be it.

Gawd as long as it goes better then the K-Remote... What a disaster of a launch that thing is still going through... I got one but damn...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, same here. It would surprise me if they are working on the website on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Enough Forum and football watching for the afternoon. Going out for a nice hike to enjoy the weather.

Last edited:
As a potential Fractal owner (really hoping to get an AX8;) ) I would rather have a quality product delayed then sold not ready. I make my living with my gear and it HAS to work right.
Having said that; I am frustrated with this process thus far. I understood that if I was going to get an AX8 anytime in the near future, I would need to be in first wave of the "waitlist". As I actually "need" something right now, I read the "this week" statement, and then the "forthwith" (which means immediately, btw ;) )comment earlier in the week, so I stayed up late and have been on a constant checking of the Fractal forum. It turns out that didn't pan out; which again, I am totally fine with... if something had been said.

I need to make a rig decision in the next day or two at the latest. If I'm looking at a few weeks, I'll figure something out. If I'm looking at many months; I need to make other plans till after the holiday season.

Again, not trying to whine. And I would much rather have a solid product delivered when ready; but I wish I hadn't spent so much time on this already, all for nothing.

I'm in the same boat, mostly of my own doing because I already sold my Axe II to someone who was really wanting one. If I don't pick up an Ax8 by December, I have a serious logistic problem I should have considered :-/

If I were in a pinch, I'd probably try to pick up a used mk1 or 2. Even if you get an ax8 just in time, you will want to have some time to gel with your rig. If you get a decent deal you can always sell it to fund an ax8. I don't really need anything, I just like new toys and am ocd.

Oh, btw I don't see anything different with the fractal store. No greyed out box. But I'm viewing on an iPad so may be different.

I really need a floor based unit. I have a "unique" situation. I need a rig that I can easily carry (sometimes on a bicycle :)) that will get brought back and forth to "work" (at a church) several times a week.

I really just want the ax8 to see if it can get close to my be100/fx8 setup which sounds fantastic. Best rig I've ever heard period. If I can get close with an ax8 and frfr setup, plus have all the other sounds on tap then that would be simply amazing.

I really need a floor based unit. I have a "unique" situation. I need a rig that I can easily care (sometimes on a bicycle :)) that will get brought back and forth to "work" (at a church) several times a week.

There's a guy on roller skates at Venice beach that has the perfect rig for you

Back
Top Bottom