So what are the advantages if the MFC over the competition?

ChrisYoung

Inspired
Will be getting my MFC tomorrow.
Was wondering what the advantages were over the ground control pro and the other units out there?

Thanks!
Chris

I came from Axess FX1 to a Liquid Foot and now the MFC. Unity with the Axe-fx programming and sturdiness is big with me. As far as the construction, the MFC was built to be stepped on. The rugged enclosure gives me no worries like never before.

Ease of use is a huge difference. With an Axe-Fx, the MFC is stone cold simple to use. Flexibility is another plus. Compared to the Ground Control, you won't hit as many walls trying to do creative stuff.

Also, if/when a bug is found in the MFC, it gets fixed, generally on the spot. I can't say that about the products of many others.

Also, if/when a bug is found in the MFC, it gets fixed, generally on the spot. I can't say that about the products of many others.

That's a huge one. I bought an All Access and man, what bad move. Dead product line. No updates. Minimal support. Good luck getting things fixed when it breaks. The feature set was nice in 2001, but not so much now.

Thanks for the info guys!
I've been down a few of those roads in the past. Ground Controls, Axcess, and the Lexicon midi pedal board, but they were not too fun to setup. Monstrously time consuming.
As long as i've been in and out of gear, it wasn't until I had a Lexicon G2 with it's foot control that I found you could have a favorite guitar rig setup, then be able to turn effects on and off just like an analog pedal board, all in one patch.
Wow, don't know how I missed that one. lol!!
Looking forward to getting it tomorrow and setting it up.
Anything about the board I should know about that will save me some headaches?

Thanks again!
-Chris

You think that's bad? My buddy got a liquidfoot, it broke, and he can't even get it fixed. Seriously non-existent support.

this surprises me. i owned a LF & the phantom power board died, jeff hooked me right up.
i own an MFC101 now, but i never had service problems from liquid foot.

but, for the axe/fx, i LOVE the MFC101. it is the BEST.

Back
Top Bottom