So Scott - Whats the deal?

geetarman said:
Scott, Here's a ? for you. I know that it varies from room to room but do you find that your Axe-fx patches that were made using your QSC required less tweaking in Live performances due to them being a FOH PA Speaker than say the FBT which is a monitor with flatter response.

No. They translate very well. The QSC is a very good sounding speaker, there is no debate nor implication from me that it is not. Some folks talk about a mid-hump and other stuff: I never heard that. Everything has it's own timbre, of that I'll agree, but the QSC's sonics are not in question with me. Different than the 8ma, yes. Different enough to retweak things? Nope. Haven't touched my presets really since going to the FBT.

Scott Peterson said:
geetarman said:
Scott, Here's a ? for you. I know that it varies from room to room but do you find that your Axe-fx patches that were made using your QSC required less tweaking in Live performances due to them being a FOH PA Speaker than say the FBT which is a monitor with flatter response.

No. They translate very well. The QSC is a very good sounding speaker, there is no debate nor implication from me that it is not. Some folks talk about a mid-hump and other stuff: I never heard that. Everything has it's own timbre, of that I'll agree, but the QSC's sonics are not in question with me. Different than the 8ma, yes. Different enough to retweak things? Nope. Haven't touched my presets really since going to the FBT.

Thanks for the reply Scott. I think I'll hold off on trying the FBT's for now as the QSC's are well suited for dual uses whether it be FOH acoustic gigs or as Axe-fx monitor plus the size & weight issue never bothered me.

geetarman said:
I'm curious geetarman. . . are you suggesting that FOH speakers typically don't have a flat response whereas stage monitors do?

What I'm most curious about is whether patches made on studios monitors would require tweaking for the Verve 8ma or 12ma.

Terry.

Tone Seeker said:
geetarman said:
I'm curious geetarman. . . are you suggesting that FOH speakers typically don't have a flat response whereas stage monitors do?

What I'm most curious about is whether patches made on studios monitors would require tweaking for the Verve 8ma or 12ma.

Terry.

No not at all my ? was specific to the speakers mentioned because some have said the FBT speakers have a flatter response than that of the QSC which a few think has more mids and that it's more common place in FOH speakers.

Back
Top Bottom