So, is there a future for the FX8?

I totally agree. I do 90% of my editing with FX8 Edit on my studio desktop iMac. But it would be great to have an iPhone app to use during rehearsals for small nips and tucks. Editing from the front panel is unacceptably painful. I haven't felt like I need to ask my bandmates to wait while I hunt for the correct screen.

Also, I'd like to see the USB performance dealt with. I've been using MIDI since the 1980s. I cannot fathom why the FX8 is so slow updating over USB. There just can't be THAT much data to deal with.
My presets are all created at full band volume, tested at practice or run-through & I don’t need to tweak at a gig ever.......

I also use FX8 Edit on my Mac & love it!

The app for the Eventide H9 showed me what I never knew I always wanted & it’s SO awesome!!!!

The way you can edit on your iPhone, save presets, make set-lists & so much more! It just made me realize that it would be a stellar selling feature for the FX8, plus very useful too.

I set-up my presets with Scene for switch #1 thru #3 & Boost & all other FX that I either want to see on/off.....or that I may want to edit in the fly like “Drive”, “Phaser” or “Delay”. I’ve only had to make small/minor tweaks at practice because I’ve usually got everything dialed in right before hand.

If they do a major update in the next year or so....I’d be very happy & greatful.

But I’ve already gotten way more then I paid for by getting the FX8, it’s truly a wonderful product!

X

If there's a future for electric guitar, there's probably a place in there somewhere for the FX8 too.

My presets are all created at full band volume, tested at practice or run-through & I don’t need to tweak at a gig ever.......

I'd never tweak at a gig either. That's what band rehearsal is for, which is what I said in my post... "iPhone app to use during rehearsals for small nips and tucks."

You mean that you never created a preset alone in your practice studio and got to band rehearsal (with a full band mix) and had to tweak anything? If true, that's remarkable.

I'd never tweak at a gig either. That's what band rehearsal is for, which is what I said in my post... "iPhone app to use during rehearsals for small nips and tucks."

You mean that you never created a preset alone in your practice studio and got to band rehearsal (with a full band mix) and had to tweak anything? If true, that's remarkable.
No, as I said right in my post up above that you didn’t quote, I’ve only had to make small tweaks right on the unit at band practice, if any at all. Usually it’s for the “Drive” blocks & only a gain or volume issue once I play a preset with the band.

That would be remarkable if I had actully said that, but I didn’t! ;)

Maybe read it again? :rolleyes:

X

Last edited:
For those looking for a phone/tablet app, check see this:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...or-for-the-axefx-ii-xl-xl-and-ax8-fx8.120946/
I've tried the mac version and liked it. I'm still deciding whether I want the IOS version enough since I'd have to also buy the adapter. I've gotten good enough at editing directly on the FX8 itself so I'm not sure I'd really use it enough. I find tweak editing on the FX8 to be pretty straightforward and don't mind it - its not too bad with a little practice.

For those looking for a phone/tablet app, check see this:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...or-for-the-axefx-ii-xl-xl-and-ax8-fx8.120946/
I've tried the mac version and liked it. I'm still deciding whether I want the IOS version enough since I'd have to also buy the adapter. I've gotten good enough at editing directly on the FX8 itself so I'm not sure I'd really use it enough. I find tweak editing on the FX8 to be pretty straightforward and don't mind it - its not too bad with a little practice.
Unacceptably expensive. I also did not consider that a phone app would require a USB interface of some sort (duh). Bluetooth or possibly WiFi are the only workable solutions, but that will require a massive hardware change.

Back
Top Bottom