so I see a lot of people raving about the Super Reverb

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
I have not tried it is this amps strong suit it's cleans or is it
and old school "dirty" amp sound that people were missing?
I've never played thru one , just wondering.

I haven't played a real one in years - so I cannot attest to the accuracy of the model - I just know I really like it! I mostly use the Twin on my patches, but I've switched to the Super. In comparison, it's a little less 'throaty' than the twin, and a little more chimey. Sort of Fender with a touch of British sheen on top is how I'd describe it. Like all good Fender's, it seems to be happiest set up at clean-to-break: nice and clean and clear until you dig in just a little bit harder with the pick, then a little blusey dirt comes to the surface. My $0.02....

Yes the Super Reverb model is great. Like my real 64 its suited to very clean (painfully so) to mildly crunchy sounds and takes pedals well.

Robben Ford: "The Fender Super Reverb, to me, is the king of guitar amps. I’ve got two '60s Supers, a ‘63 and a ‘66 I think. I can do anything with those amps."

Probably used the Zen drive mostly with it in the past.

"Zen drive: RF's settings are pretty weird. Gain and color mostly down, tone cranked."

Stock 4x10 works great too (isn't that how the original shipped?)

The beauty of this model is that it sounds fantastic with a number of guitars. Tele gives a nice twang...Strat (my least favorite with it) has a good bounce, Les Paul sounds like an early Marshall. Responds well to guitar volume.

Far and away right now my favorite amp model (posted in Reviews...where this is probably headed...)

R

"4x10 Bassguy P10" is a good choice with the Super Reverb, the original blackface Super Reverbs had CTS, Oxford or Jensen speakers.

I did quick redials of my patches for 7 and for 9. Yesterday I did a thorough redial of dozens of patches for 9.02, trying out the newer amps. And guess what...the super reverb replaced more than a few of my fender patches. Sounded awesome at last night's gig. I really like it - versatile, musical, dynamic, balanced. Great stuff!

Back
Top Bottom