So I got onboard the Fractal train a couple of years ago...

...when there was no waiting list so this is my first time navigating through this. Will I have to get on a waiting list for the FC12 and 6 or are “accessories” stocked in such a way that there will be enough in hand to just order when they are available?

If there’s a waiting list will people on the Axe3 waiting list get some sort of priority (since you can only use the FC with the Axe3 anyway)?

How is this all going to shake out?

Waiting list for the FCs will probably be similar, going by past history. That list did seem to move faster than the units themselves. Then again we can only guess?

It's my hope they will use the same waiting list for the FC that they are using for the AxeIII, or that availability will be such that no waiting list is necessary. Since it's a proprietary controller, there's really no reason for anyone to buy an FC that does not already have an AxeFX III. It sure would stink to have a AxeIII and be way down on some other waiting list for the FC...

Fractal is a great company, but they can have trouble keeping up with demand. Back when I got on board with the Ultra, you could not get the MFC foot controller. It was announced but delivery was delayed. I ended up getting a Liquid Foot after waiting for even a waiting list for six months although I would have preferred to have the Fractal product. Mind you, this was early in Fractal's history. They seem to have gotten much better at inventory management as they have gone through more product launches. Still, I would bet on a wait.

I do know that if my name comes up before the FC is available I'll pass, because the the III is useless to me without the controller.

Having exceptional demand is a good thing for a company and its customers. It may mean waiting for the customer, but it insures quality products full of value since demand is so high. Surely this is no surprise.

Having thousands of people want a product isn’t really an issue with “supply.” A small company can make only so many units in a given time period. I guess they could have just waited till they had x amount of units ready to ship, making everyone wait even more so more would get units at once. But shipping them out as they get them makes more sense to me.

...when there was no waiting list so this is my first time navigating through this.

"This isn't my first rodeo." (Me, at my second rodeo)

There will be a list. You'll get on it. Eventually you'll get one. There's no point in stressing over it. When your number comes up, it comes up. I mean, not in a fatalistic sort of way. In a good way.

"This isn't my first rodeo." (Me, at my second rodeo)

There will be a list. You'll get on it. Eventually you'll get one. There's no point in stressing over it. When your number comes up, it comes up. I mean, not in a fatalistic sort of way. In a good way.

Im not stressing or planning to stress. I’m asking people who are familiar with the process historically so that I have some window into a process I am unfamiliar with so that I can coordinate things I need to coordinate. If I can’t get a straight answer the sun will still come up tomorrow. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with that or read it as “stressing”.

Im not stressing or planning to stress. I’m asking people who are familiar with the process historically so that I have some window into a process I am unfamiliar with so that I can coordinate things I need to coordinate. If I can’t get a straight answer the sun will still come up tomorrow. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with that or read it as “stressing”.

No, no, I'm not picking on you. Just trying to give some reassurance that all will be okay. The waitlist is a smooth process. I've been through it before. But there's no guarantees as to timing. That's all I meant to convey.

Even if you get on the wait list, be sure to keep checking the forums - you might luck out. Before the MFC's went on sale, there was a forum post that offered 5 MFC's to the first buyers who responded. I managed to snag one that way before the waiting list was addressed. (Not suggesting this will happen again, but you never know.)

Of course, due to the Law of Conservation of Fortune, I was on the road for work the day the Axe 3 announcement happened. So I'll be waiting on that awhile.

Back
Top Bottom