So, how do I play my iPod/whatever through the effect return on the AX8?

atquinn

Power User
Had an Axe FX2 for a number of years and never had to do this because I just used the audio-over-usb with my laptop. Not an option with the AX8 so can someone describe how I would use the effect return to input a stereo audio signal for playing along? I have an Amplifire where I can do this, but that has a global setting for it so you don't have to do any configuration in your patches. Are the Axe FX 2/AX8 similar or do you have to do something in each preset? And if so, what?
-
Austin

Put an FX loop block (assuming there is one) in the last column in its own row in each preset you use. Plug your music into the FX Return jacks. Adjust the volume using the controls in the FX loop block and/or on your music player.

Dead simple. I'd just create a template preset so anything I created had the fx loop block (and a looper block too) and take it from there. Thanks much.
-
Austin

Do you need to use the loop returns ? Couldn't you plug the ipod into the 2nd input on the pa speaker ?

Do you need to use the loop returns ? Couldn't you plug the ipod into the 2nd input on the pa speaker ?

I suppose if I had a PA speaker I could. I could also use my mixer (which is often what I do with my Amplifire). But I wanted to know how to do it using only the AX8.
-
Austin

Don't we need to see the specs before we guess? Not that it's not fun, but it seems dangerous to make plans on selling/buying gear on specs that are not public yet :)

Don't we need to see the specs before we guess? Not that it's not fun, but it seems dangerous to make plans on selling/buying gear on specs that are not public yet :)

Well, it has been confirmed that is has no audio-over-USB and it's clear to see from back shots that it has an effect loop. It shares the same programming architecture with the Axe FX 2's. So it is safe to assume it will have a loop block. And I'm buying one regardless (and a Helix too). I just gathering information ahead of time so I can hit the ground running.
-
Austin

Looking forward to the final list of blocks. However, if Cliff wanted, he would be able to add more effects in the future, right?

Back
Top Bottom