So, Elon did it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree "no one has a problem with it". Plenty of people have a problem with how Twitter is used to manipulate public sentiment.

It's crazy the things you can change when you own a public sentiment changing machine. :)

Yep, for sure. Just look at the world we live in compared to 10-12 years ago. It's the product of one party's view amplified by manipulation of opinions.

One problem is the company is located in San Fransisco. That means your staff is going to be VERY liberal and they won't be willing participants.

Now you got me wondering if part of the plan is to make Texas the "new" Silicon Valley... Him vacating California with Tesla was a negative signal to states that suck the life out of business for revenue (tax) generation, and a positive signal to less intrusive gov't bodies who "charge less" for doing business (here). Although, Austin is like "mini-California" to your second point Cliffster...

Speculation Prediction #423,452

Elon made it clear that he didn't do this for financial reasons, and will remove algorithms that direct you to certain information while steering you away from others. Is this true? We will have to wait and see.

Many people have a problem with how both Twitter and Facebook are used to manipulate public sentiment. That's what started all of this. People amplifying disinformation were removed for violating the TOS. It's going to once again become a major platform for everything that's bad.

This is why he bought it. Forcing everyone to provide info to be identified gives him a treasure trove of personal info to use for many things.

People amplifying disinformation? It never slowed down, it was a different bitter flavor.

He stated in interviews he bought it for other than financial reasons. I don't believe that's correct (collecting info), but time will tell.

Last edited:
Elon paid an enormous amount pretty much for the name and the data. I don't think Twitter's code, infrastructure, or employees really have much intrinsic value. He'll probably rewrite the code and move the company to somewhere in Texas anyway.

If I were to be extremely cynical (well, who am I kidding) he may have acquired the company just for the included blackmail material to be mined from the servers. :imp:

• Love
Reactions: JTI
OMG!! America has never had freedom of speech written into its Constitution
and enacted as an abiding social practice in our discourse until now. :)

The First Amendment guarantees that Americans can speak freely without harassment from the government. Social media isn't the government.

Wow! I did not know that.

We'll see if the skies open and the Lord rains Manna down from Twitter Heaven. :)

You seem upset by this acquisition.

Man, this forum needs a sarcasm font....

Last edited:
Personally I think people are souring on social media. I know I am.
Right there with you. I imagine the so-called "metaverse" will be a big turning point in all of this. Meta/Facebook, Microsoft and others are trying to push the idea of a parallel universe within VR goggles but you're not gonna convince people to prefer these experiences over real life. Concerts in VR/metaverse? No thank you.

Hi. Why are you quoting my post from awhile back, from a different thread/context, in this Twitter thread? My post had nothing to do with Twitter...........?????
6dxaky.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom