So an update on my issues using the Axe with an amp...

In case your IEM headphones are buggy (any other recorded music sounds distorted as well) you know how to solve the problem.

Besides that you know that internal clipping is possible for some blocks? I had it because I have a send-return combination in my presets and I did internally overdrive these blocks with turned up too loud amp blocks (amp blocks too loud, but very low volume setting at the very last block in the grid so getting no clipping LED). It did only clipp internally when I was strumming very loud, so with a cranked up monitor I usually didn't do this, but with the IEM it did not hurt to do so. You see the point.
After turning down the volume in the amp block and turning the volume up again in the very last block that internal clipping went away. Absolutely clear sound.

I just have to say that I have no experience with any of the problems that people point out in these types of posts. I do not question their posts or experiences I just have never had any problems with my units, other than scraping together the money to buy them.

What a strange, irrelevant post...

I don't really see the point of this post or what it added to the conversation..
No please forgive me I was trying to make a comment about how plug and play the AxeFx is and very easy to use, at least it has been in my case. But that does not mean that problems do not arise for they certainly do.

No please forgive me I was trying to make a comment about how plug and play the AxeFx is and very easy to use, at least it has been in my case. But that does not mean that problems do not arise for they certainly do.
I'm a very experienced Fractal user....had just never used it as effects only into a tube amp, ran into some bumps along the way that were greatly exaggerated by my IEM issues.

I posted a while back on what a nightmare I've had trying to use the AxeII fx only with a Matchless DC30 at church. I tried everything. Input only, 4cm, into the return with cabs disabled. EVERYTHING was bad. There was this clipping digital distortion on everything. Before with just the Axe I had issues with it was well, although it wasn't as prominent. I've gone back and forth with our FOH guys and tech crew replacing cables, mic's trying different channels...you name it. Nothing worked. So today between our 3rd and 4th service of the morning we had a few minutes and it had been super bad all morning. I played and the FOH said it sounded great, crystal clear. I assumed it must be in the Aviom system and asked him to plug into my Aviom unit so he could hear what I have to hear. He does so, looks at me quizzically and says "it's crystal clear". I said there was no way, plugged my custom molded Alclair's in and there it was....snap, crackle, and fizz. He hands me some Westone triple driver universals we keep for our singers to use. Again, CRYSTAL CLEAR. It's been my IEM's all along. I never even considered the possibility since they are only a few months old.

Can't believe that's been the issue all this time. Makes sense in hindsight...being the common denominator and all....

I posted a thread in the Rigs and Routing in regards to using Real AMP tones on stage simultaneous to AXE-FX tones to FOH. It is the 4CM pushed a tad further allowing the best of both worlds. And I really do mean the best. On stage I have my Orange OR100 and Orange 4X12 tone w/AXE-FX effects in the FX Loop of my orange, whilst having full on mono/stereo Axe-Fx tones DI to FOH. To clarify...i am not using any simulated amp tones through my Orange whatsoever, its 100% Orange AMP tone baby! Anyways, thought maybe you'd be interested.

Glad to see you got this figured out. I was thinking it might be an issue w/ the FX loop in the Matchless- glad to see that was not the issue.

Hey brother,
What model Alclair's do you have?
I just received my first pair from them yesterday. I got the Tour Triple Driver.
Love that mini Pelican case it comes with!

Happy to see the issue resolved!

Been there...we've all had 'I should have figured it out' moments, (personally had MANY), but appreciate the update.

Hey brother,
What model Alclair's do you have?
I just received my first pair from them yesterday. I got the Tour Triple Driver.
Love that mini Pelican case it comes with!

i got the Reference because they were one of their flattest models

Back
Top Bottom