Snap, Crackle, Pop..........

kippiejr

Inspired
Why is it that The AFX II as an EFX processor only snap and pops when changing presets.................

As an experiment last night I made two presets with only shunts going all the way through. 1 was a copy of the other. I told the amp gizmo to go clean on one and the other dirty. When I change presets.....Snap, POP, Click.... no blocks at all and still popping? WTF

Put the Ultra back in set up many effects (8) same exact set up and the ultra changes with all the effects seem less, no audible popping at all....WTF....

Would really like to use my MFC-101 and Scenes and be able to see the tuner on the floor but not at the sacrifice of a POP.....

FRACTAL: No assignable relays for amp changing?

The Amp Gizmo only excepts Program change via midi. The only thing I can thing of to use the AFX II and MFC and scenes is to be able to send a CC change for the scenes and a program change for the gizmo at the same time. Other wise with the II its SNAP, CRACKLE & POP.........

I am sure I could by more gear and make it work or the "river dance" but why when the lessor model (Ultra) does it fine?

I am not experiencing this problem when changing between x/y amp states or between presets. What FW and MFC update are you running?

I'm trying to follow....

So, you're switching your amp channel using the Amp Gizmo controlled by the Axe via MIDI. If you simultaneously change between two identical patches consisting of only shunts you hear a pop. If if you stay on the same patch while switching amp channels, you don't. Is that an accurate restatement?

I'm trying to follow....

So, you're switching your amp channel using the Amp Gizmo controlled by the Axe via MIDI. If you simultaneously change between two identical patches consisting of only shunts you hear a pop. If if you stay on the same patch while switching amp channels, you don't. Is that an accurate restatement?

YES no preset change and manual amp switch no POP.... preset change while amp change POP

I don't have an Amp Gizmo, but I have an old MIDI capable rack effect that can control an amp. I'll try an experiment to see if I can reproduce this.

My Ultra, MFC and Gizmo do the job seamlessly. That is the weird part. I only switch the Ultra and bring in the AXE II with the same exact presets and effects I get a audible snap coming from clean back to dirty. If I stay on clean and manually push the Gizmo to bring in the gain channel no "snap." I know how to use scenes but I need the Gizmo to change on scene 3. I just have not figured out how to send the right CC or PC to the Gizmo during scene changing. Somewhere in the MFC is the anwser.

Back
Top Bottom