Smooth Jazz Presets?

Hi. I occasionally play in a jazz quartet and have set up a preset but I only use simple blocks. I have a volume block for volume swells, a chorus, 2 different delays, a clean boost and a compressed boost. All very simple patches, straight out of the box, as it were. The reverb is from the amp and I mainly use a Gibson 339 although I have been known to use my Strandberg as well on occasion.

Hi - yes, I think is an analogue chorus, I can't remember and I don't have the FX8 with me ATM. I can't remember the delays specifically but they are both very subtle, there is definitely no 'Edge' going on :)

Cheers

David

I play a lot of smooth/contemporary jazz. Use a couple different presets one for electric ( Sadowsky Strat Stlye) & another when I use my electric Nylon (Godin Multiac AC).

For my main electric my preset is a 5 scene setup:
S1 is analog delay mono, & medium plate - this is my main one and the basis for all my scenes.
S2 adds the Studio Compressor.
S3 is my drive with the Rat Dist Drive minus the compressor.
S4 adds a small room reverb (on the 'Y'), & analog mono delay with longer repeats along with the same Drive in S3
S5 is the same as S4 minus the drive (Rat).

Now the remaining 3 'slots' are what I like to call my 'wild cards' as I can use them along with any of the 5 scenes. Those blocks are labeled Pitch which I use the Octave Divider to 'double' an octave down for lead lines (never been really happy with this one, can't seem to get it to not sound 'glitchy' for want of a better word), A Filter for a kind of autowah/mutron sound & a Chorus ( Digital Mono).

Also I run the EV1 for global volume control & a Mission EP1 for wah (cry babe).

I have another electric preset that has the same setup except S2 uses the Pedal Comp for compressor & S3 & S4 I'm using the BB Pre for the drive.

Hope this wasn't too confusing, LOL!

DT

I play a lot of smooth/contemporary jazz. Use a couple different presets one for electric ( Sadowsky Strat Stlye) & another when I use my electric Nylon (Godin Multiac AC).

For my main electric my preset is a 5 scene setup:
S1 is analog delay mono, & medium plate - this is my main one and the basis for all my scenes.
S2 adds the Studio Compressor.
S3 is my drive with the Rat Dist Drive minus the compressor.
S4 adds a small room reverb (on the 'Y'), & analog mono delay with longer repeats along with the same Drive in S3
S5 is the same as S4 minus the drive (Rat).

Now the remaining 3 'slots' are what I like to call my 'wild cards' as I can use them along with any of the 5 scenes. Those blocks are labeled Pitch which I use the Octave Divider to 'double' an octave down for lead lines (never been really happy with this one, can't seem to get it to not sound 'glitchy' for want of a better word), A Filter for a kind of autowah/mutron sound & a Chorus ( Digital Mono).

Also I run the EV1 for global volume control & a Mission EP1 for wah (cry babe).

I have another electric preset that has the same setup except S2 uses the Pedal Comp for compressor & S3 & S4 I'm using the BB Pre for the drive.

Hope this wasn't too confusing, LOL!

DT
DT & guitarmanuk thanks for the feedback.
I have a boss sy300 that i prefer for synth type stuff. Also been running smallish amps in stereo for deeper chorus and reverb.
Thnx again

Back
Top Bottom