smol amps; BIG tones.

Hey all! So I was messing around with the concept of making small amps do big sounds in the Axe Fx III and came up with this preset. You could say that this is something akin to turning small tube amps up to the point that they can't go much louder in volume, but it's before the point they start doing that small-amp compressed fuzzy tone. IOW, the amps still remain relatively open.

Scene 1 is the SV20H
Scene 2 is the Blues Jr.
Scene 3 is the Wrecker Rocket
Scene 4 is the AC-20 (12AX7)

Each scene has its own character and gain, but overall I'd say this is a low-to-mid-gain preset that plays extremely well with the volume knob on the guitar. Scenes 5-8 are the same as 1-4 but meant to be "solo" tones with a Timmy in front to add a smidgen of gain, a 2290 delay, and a different reverb.

IMHO, Scene 1 works great with darker guitars, Scene 2 with single coils/bright guitars, and Scene 3 and 4 are in-between both those.

The cab block uses a couple of IRs that I've made of my Mooer GC112 cab that has a V30 in it. The cabs are part of the preset bundle, but in case you want to download them (and a couple of variations of them) separately, you can do so here. For those of the Dyna-Cab inclination, channel B on the cab block uses the Hot Kitty 1x12 Dyna-cab since that is the closest factory Dyna-cab to what the IRs are meant to represent. It's not a 1:1 replica of the Mooer 1x12 IRs but the tastiness is still there to my ears.

Attachments

• s m o l.fasBundle
    32 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom