Free 1x12 V30 IRs by an IR n00b

Hi all! Shot these few IRs of my Mooer GC112 cab. It's an "oversized" 1x12 cab loaded with a V30. I shot the IRs ussing two mics: a bog standard SM57 and a Rode NT1. Used a Matrix GT1000 as a poweramp and shot the IRs straight to the Axe Fx III. Primarily shot in two positions for each mic – "a" and "b" – one darker than the other. (To be honest, the "a" position (edge of the cap) sounds best for both mics.) I've also added a few combinations of the mics as well! Would love to hear your feedback since this is the first time I have ever dipped my toe into shooting an IR. This was quite fun!

Attachments

• 1x12 Moar V30 57a.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 1x12 Moar V30 57a+NT1a.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 1x12 Moar V30 57a+NT1b.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 1x12 Moar V30 57ab.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 1x12 Moar V30 57b.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 1x12 Moar V30 NT1a.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 1x12 Moar V30 NT1b.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 28
Hi all! Shot these few IRs of my Mooer GC112 cab. It's an "oversized" 1x12 cab loaded with a V30. I shot the IRs ussing two mics: a bog standard SM57 and a Rode NT1. Used a Matrix GT1000 as a poweramp and shot the IRs straight to the Axe Fx III. Primarily shot in two positions for each mic – "a" and "b" – one darker than the other. (To be honest, the "a" position (edge of the cap) sounds best for both mics.) I've also added a few combinations of the mics as well! Would love to hear your feedback since this is the first time I have ever dipped my toe into shooting an IR. This was quite fun!
Gonna give them a try in the upcoming weeks. Thanks for sharing, shoekriyaa!

I testdrove them today and they are really, really good! They go really well with gainy Plexis. The "57a" sample made it to my "top ten go to cabs".
If this really the first time you shot IR's.... keep me posted, keep 'em coming..... :)

Mast!

I testdrove them today and they are really, really good! They go really well with gainy Plexis. The "57a" sample made it to my "top ten go to cabs".
Thanks so much! That's so good to hear!
Yes, the 57a is basically the best of the bunch in my opinion as well. Just hits that spot really well with the right amps.

If this really the first time you shot IR's.... keep me posted, keep 'em coming..... :)
Hahaha! Well I only have the one cab at home to shoot anything, but to be honest, I really enjoyed the whole process. I doubt I'll get the chance any time soon but shooting IRs is one rabbit hole I would joyfully dive into!

Back
Top Bottom