Small tip for epic rooftop delays

aziz

Power User
I tweaked my dramatic solo -preset, and ended up with exp pedal controlling the amp gain, and also delay input and feedback. Basically this is a foot controlled ducked delay. -> When you press the pedal down, amp gain is higher, the delay input gain is higher. Back up the pedal, delay input gain goes down, but the delay feedback goes up. This way, when you play the most epic final notes of your super epic rooftop solo, and then back the pedal down, your last notes in the delay loop keep on repeating more times than usual, and you can continue playing softer notes with the lower gain, while the last notes bounce around in the delay block. Sounds great with stereo or ping/pong delay. Adjust the input gain and feedback levels to suit your song.

Awesome idea.

I like to use MultiDelay. I have it set to a fairly long feedback delay. I then put a switch on my MFC to directly control on/off state of the delay. My scenes are all set to reset when you step on them. As I near something that I want to spill over I'll step on the MultiDelay switch a few seconds before switching parts. Then I can either step again to turn it off or step on any of the scenes. It'll cut off and trail nicely.

I do like your idea and can see a use for it in one of my presets already.

Back
Top Bottom