Small studio monitors

Morgan

Inspired
I'm thinking of adding monitors to my desktop setup. I already have a CLR (different room, not at my desk) , plenty of headphones etc
I've seem all the praise for some of the various larger models (eg adam a7x etc), but i haven't see much in terms of smallest size/footprint desk speakers.
Usage would be mostly to practice/noodle while at my desk. Focal shape 40's appear to be one of the smallest ones to look at. Any other suggestions?
thanks!

They're on the pricier side, but I'm enjoying the Neumann KH80s. Very small: 4" woofer, but great clarity in the mids and highs, and I don't feel like I have to fight low end woofiness. Patches so far seem to translate well between different listening systems.

thanks for the suggestions will check them out. Any thoughts on using 1 larger monitor vs 2 smaller ones?

Stereo is a blast. Also you'd have to figure out how you would mount one speaker to hear it evenly - more trouble than it's worth.

Everything is very balanced to my ears. The low’s are just enough but not overly accentuated. Can’t really compare them to my CLR’s as I don’t crank these up like I do my CLR’s.

Everything is very balanced to my ears. The low’s are just enough but not overly accentuated. Can’t really compare them to my CLR’s as I don’t crank these up like I do my CLR’s.

That's good to see a confirmation on these. They are on sale right now and the prices look pretty good as far bang for the buck. I want to replace my KRK 6's. They seem a little too hi-fi sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom