small practice amp/multi fx processor - which one?

Went to one of the guitar shops today after work and told the guy my purposes and price range. First thing that came out of his mouth was: Yamaha THR. So after trying out the Vox, Mustang and Yamaha I went with this. It helps that it has the form as well as function. Girlfriend thought so as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3098.JPG
    IMG_3098.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3102.JPG
    IMG_3102.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 24
I'm the biggest boss fan in the world- I love the company- the pedals- I collect Boss stuff!
Posters, displays, anything that says BOSS on it- I buy

I think the Katana series is a HUGE miss-step
And... when they backed off of it- and looked like they realized it and we're backing away- they doubled down on it...

The cheap ones aren't that bad- but they had like a $1500 head that no one used- that Eric Johnson and Steve Vai got paid to "endorse" or at least stand next to a little fake tube to say it's good- but not the right product for today- at a poor price point with no organic backing or people that actually stand behind them without getting a paycheck.

Katana caught my eye but never got a chance to play it. I have read some decent reviews about it. I'm really happy with the Yamaha. It does a great brown sound..really surprised by how good it actually sounds. Cleans are nice as well especially with that reverb. Ultimately I was sold on the small footprint on top of the fact the tones are better than most smaller amps that I tried. So many options out there

Back
Top Bottom