Small Power Amp

Hugh Jago

Bit of a noob.
I run a Mesa Mark V. At practice I use 1 open backed wide 90 watt cab. On a gig I'll use 2 cabs. At practice depending on what we're working on I'll switch between the 10 watts and all the way to 90 watts.
I want to have the option of dumping the Mesa head and running the AX8 straight to the cabinet through a Power amp. Mesa recommend no more that 150 watt Power amp for 1 cabinet.
My question is what Power amp can I get that fits all these options, but doesn't cost another $500 plus bucks.
Thanks

You posted the same content in two different threads in two different forums... That is frowned on.

I realized this as soon as I finished the first post. I saw I'd posted it on the FX, rather than the AX site. I went back to delete the first, but found no delete or withdraw facility.
Very sorry.

I realized this as soon as I finished the first post. I saw I'd posted it on the FX, rather than the AX site. I went back to delete the first, but found no delete or withdraw facility.
Very sorry.
Fair enough. Some people make a habit of it.

By the way, I'd recommend the Matrix amps... The ART SLA-2 is similar as far as sound and volume, but less expensive.

However, note that it is way heavier and requires a very deep rack. It also requires banana plugs or an adapter for speaker cables.

Thanks. You may be able to answer another question I have. I'm torn between buying this mini amp and running the backline through my Amp/cab with FX only. If I just buy a large powered speaker/wedge and put it behind me can I get the full amp/cam simulation through both the FOH AND the wedge, or am I limited to FX only through the wedge. My AX8 arrives Monday so I'm trying to get everything prepared.

If I just buy a large powered speaker/wedge and put it behind me can I get the full amp/cam simulation through both the FOH AND the wedge

If you buy a powered speaker in the FRFR family then you could have the same sound to FOH and to your wedge/monitor.

..although you can also get a solid state power amp and use a passive FRFR wedge as well as a Cab and have the best of both worlds whenever you wanted.

Back
Top Bottom