Small mixer board suggestions for project studio

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I need suggestions for a Small mixer board suggestions for project studio and rehearsal room.
I need simple to navigate controls to access verb/delay for vocals, and we are using in ear monitors.
2/3 mics on drums,..2 guitar cabs and bass (can go direct from Sans amp pedal)

The Jamhub looks cool but I don't know what effects are in it.

Behringer XR18

Super flexible for in ear mixes, tablet / smart phone interface, okay efx, good (not great) mic pre amps, compact and doesn't take up much more room than a 16ch stage box.

Looks awesome? So you access the effects via your ipad?
ipad or computer editor. if you're new to digital, it may take a little bit to get used to. but definitely a great choice. i have the x32 rack, basically the big brother of this, and also the x-air 12 for very small gigs/projects.

if you can, get the XR18 as suggested above.

Presonus 16.0.2 or 16.4.2AI

Great sound, iPad control of main and aux mixes, complete processing (fx and eq) per channel, additional iPhone monitor control capability, a real DAW included for full tracking (Studio One Artist) AND a full track quick recording capability (Capture) make for easy "one click" recording of gigs or rehearsals to a computer for review or tweaking. Six auxes can do the IEMs well.

If you opt for the 16.4.2AI, it can cascade to another 16 or to the larger AI 24 or 32 to create a 32, 40, or 48 channel live board. Been partnered with them for years, it's a great company.

Just to add to what's been suggested.
I have an XR-12 as mentioned above and it works great for basic small use. The XR-18 would be my choice for your situation.

Back
Top Bottom