Small MIDI pedal that allows for phantom power via Axe-FX?

jarrett

Inspired
Is there such a thing? I'm trying to find out if there is a midi pedal on the market that is semi small and is powered by the Axe-FX out of the box? Thanks.

Re: Small MIDI pedal powered by the Axe-FX?

Axess Electronics has a samll midi pedal that can be powered via 7 pin midi cable and the Axe

How small are you talking? The one Tremonti mentioned is good. RJM also makes a small-ish controller with a few more buttons.

I'd like something small enough to fit in a gig bag pocket. Can this be powered by the Axe-FX?

368078jpg.jpg

http://www.music123.com/Rocktron-MIDI-X ... 4.Music123

or this?

286343jpg.jpg

http://www.music123.com/Tech-21-MIDI-Mo ... 8.Music123

Technically, anything can. You just may have to put more electrical engineering effort into some of the options.
(i.e. if phantom power isn't supported by the pedal directly, crack it open and reroute MIDI pins 1 & 3 to the A/C power section -- or even mod in a 7-pin connection, and hook up the pedal's original power supply to the Axe-Fx's phantom power jack, using an adapter if necessary)
Probably a lot simpler in text than actually trying to do it yourself, but I'm pretty sure it's the best answer I can give. (I haven't ever tried to mod anything in that way, so I can't give much more detail than that.)

The Rocktron MIDI Xchange will run on pins 6&7 phantom power...which is what the AXe-Fx provides.

I have no idea about the MIDi Mouse though.

I called Tech21 today and their MIDI port is only 5 pin on both of their units.

Looks like Rocktron is the way to go. Thanks guys.

There are many threads about this already;

The Axe-Fx doesn't power any MIDI controllers.

It only allows you to send power over the same cable it uses for MIDI.
Read the Manual, Wiki, forum etc.

Understood, thanks for the clarification.

I edited the title of the thread to avoid future confusion. Also I ended up going with the Rocktron Midimate since the Tech21 does not allow for phantom power via the Axe-FX and the Axess MFC-5 isn't available until February 2009 and my instant gratification wanted a pedal before then :)

Back
Top Bottom