Small midi pedal extension

Keg8605

Power User
For those of us maybe thinking we might need a few more switches does anyone know about the midi in capability? I'm assuming we could hookup a small midi controller to possibly change scenes or presets or what not. We now have a midi in port available since the axe II of course uses the midi in.... For me coming from Liquid Foot Pro it may be a little tough transitioning down switches. I guess this leads to other questions as well. Are there layers? Like reveal? Bottom row 4 presets, top row scenes/IA's...etc.

Sorry just preparing whether I should in fact jump on board right away.

Last edited:
MIDI programmability has not been fleshed out yet - waiting on the manual for that. I've thought of doing that myself. I decided not to though because there are "reveal" type features. We know every switch is individually programmable, but as I understand it, the function switches can be made to change the 8 main switches between scenes, x/y, stomp box mode, etc.

Personally I plan on using scene mode by default with one function for tap/tuner, one for x/y, and one for stomp. My plan is to (hopefully, assuming it's possible) use some external switches for preset changes.

I'd only want to do MIDI Switches if it were 2 way and LEDs could indicate the state of that switch. Otherwise I'm happy using external switches via one of the 4 switch jacks for items that don't need to display state like Tap Tempo, bank up / bank down.

I'd only want to do MIDI Switches if it were 2 way and LEDs could indicate the state of that switch. Otherwise I'm happy using external switches via one of the 4 switch jacks for items that don't need to display state like Tap Tempo, bank up / bank down.

I think in the last two days Mark? posted that you can't use a switch jack for tap tempo. But could use a midi switch....

My bad. That was with respect to the FX8 and it was Joe Rogers. Don't know if it applies to the AX8:

Link: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...ootswitch-can-it-be-done.106708/#post-1276303

Last edited:
further down in the thread Joe also says thats in the list of fixes for the next release as well though. AX8 and FX8

For those of us maybe thinking we might need a few more switches does anyone know about the midi in capability? I'm assuming we could hookup a small midi controller to possibly change scenes or presets or what not. We now have a midi in port available since the axe II of course uses the midi in.... For me coming from Liquid Foot Pro it may be a little tough transitioning down switches. I guess this leads to other questions as well. Are there layers? Like reveal? Bottom row 4 presets, top row scenes/IA's...etc.

Sorry just preparing whether I should in fact jump on board right away.
The midi capabilities of the AX8 are really great. I've been testing as much as I can and using life for a week now. But tonight I am diving into the switch possibilities. I can tell you that yes you can program the bottom row to be all presets or all scenes (4) and the top row to be AIs that would change every preset. Or you can make any switch global.

With that you can
Have 4 scenes on the bottom 4 AIs on the top the Functions switches would get you to presets and banks and tap tempo and tuner.

Hope that helps
Larry

Back
Top Bottom