Small FRFR again?

Stratman68

Axe-Master
So I was looking at the Headrush 108. WHY? it's 17" wide and 21lbs.
Would that be my best (only?) choice? I have 2 EV ELX200 12P's and 2 yamaha dxr10's-not huge but not super light (33lbs)
I only need one-basically for local jams with acoustic players at open mic nights and small, stuff like that. I'd be playing my Electrics, not acoustic. Even the DXR10's are overkill for the things I am talking about.
My old back really does not want to carry the dxr10's if I do not have to.
So the Headrush 108 seems best I can do? any thoughts?
Thanks

Last edited:
I am also looking for something light....

• Blueamp the CUBO 2 X 8" Stereo model
  • GrGuitar the champion in weight/power ratio see the active models in 12" or 10"
  • Fender FR-10 is not too heavy either
  • RedSound Elis 8

For these models the price range is higher than the Headrush

Last edited:
Buy the FR-10. You want it to be light and sound good. That’s why I bought it and it’s perfect for that.
I have no doubt but the Yamaha DXR10's are really good themselves. As stated above, I really am hoping for LIGHTER> i.e. HR108 17lbs

Last edited:
If weight is the main concern maybe the Bose S1 Portable? 14.40 Lbs! Or you could go crazy and run an JBL Charge 4 :tearsofjoy: they do have a place to run a cable find a pair and run stereo! Not quite sure how that would sound but uber lite for sure!

Last edited:
Can´t beat GRGuitar carbon cabs for the weight. I have two of these, super-light and plenty loud.
https://www.grguitar.com/portfolio/at-g212-tr/
for small gigs one these should be enough:
https://www.grguitar.com/portfolio/at-g110a/
I was going to buy one of the GR 212's from the Canadian dealer who had one on Sale for $1299 Can. ...the online ad did not mention anything about it being a demo.
I sent them and email asking why it was discounted and a couple other questions.
They got back to me and said it was a demo unit and didn't bother to answer the other questions.

I went back to the website and the unit had been taken down...about an hour later it re-appearred but the list price was now $1999 ( was $1799) and the "sale" price was $1599....still no mention of it being a demo so someone could buy this and never know.

It is now back down to $1399, but I would never buy from these guys.

I have a Blueamps junior for small gigs and it is plenty light enough and Fender FR10's for larger ones...they are not heavy either.

Thanks for the info folks-Greatly appreciated! Even though $$ is not an issue, I already have quality stuff for normal playing.
I am going to look a the Bose things mentioned and the Red Sound Elis.8 - I like the size of both of those.
since there is only a 5LB difference with HR8-probabably the Bose or the Red Souns Elis 8

Last edited:
So the Elis 8 is 22lbs and the Fender 10 is 25lbs. Guess I am getting close to 35lb DXR10's? Hmmm!
The Elis8 is expensive. I have no doubt both sound great, but, for the $$ and the weight, my yamahaDXR10's are solid killers too!
This is the reason I ended up looking at the 17lb headrush. Many guys talked about how it sounded OK.
Well need to think! Thanks again.

Curious, is the Red Sound line a Marco company? I know he endorses them. I am looking closely at them. The battery or A\C power op[tin of the Boss S1 portable also is appealing-Both are appealing to me. Like I said to go play with one of my old band I have all I need. This will be more for me and maybe sometimes as a solo gig-my roots actually!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom