Slow Loading Pixels

aemery

When I turn on my FM9, the top couple rows of pixels are blank. After a little bit, half of them will display in a checkered pattern, and then after a little bit more the rest will start showing.

Has anyone else had this happen with their unit?

Please specify what you mean by "after a little bit".
A few seconds? Is the green FM9 "Splash Screen" displayed correctly?

Just watched mine during boot-up -- looks fine....

I do recall a moment of panic when I noticed something like what you describe a long time ago....back when I still had the factory-fresh screen protector on it. If yours is still on, I'm guessing that's what you're seeing -- and it's just an illusion.

Are you seeing any issues with the screen after start-up?

It can take anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple minutes to fully load up. I attached some pictures of various states of partial pixels

It can take anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple minutes to fully load up. I attached some pictures of various states of partial pixels
There are no pictures.

If it’s taking a couple minutes then switch to a preset with low CPU usage before shutting down the unit and see what happens. High CPU use slows the background processing during startup.

There are no pictures.

If it’s taking a couple minutes then switch to a preset with low CPU usage before shutting down the unit and see what happens. High CPU use slows the background processing during startup.
The picture pixels haven’t loaded yet. :)

Sorry, attached the pictures I meant to here. It has also loaded where those rows of pixels are completely empty, but isn’t doing that right now, so I don’t have a picture of that. This occurs even when loading on an empty preset.

Doesn’t appear to have any issues on the splash screen

Attachments

• 7FB05B59-1755-4591-B01A-2727BABE54D0.jpeg
    7FB05B59-1755-4591-B01A-2727BABE54D0.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 23
  • 0D0FDE7D-E0D8-4CE2-95BF-94306A17E8F3.jpeg
    0D0FDE7D-E0D8-4CE2-95BF-94306A17E8F3.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 65C30AFB-28D8-4B94-BE44-4CF2147465C0.jpeg
    65C30AFB-28D8-4B94-BE44-4CF2147465C0.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
Sorry, attached the pictures I meant to here. It has also loaded where those rows of pixels are completely empty, but isn’t doing that right now, so I don’t have a picture of that. This occurs even when loading on an empty preset.

Doesn’t appear to have any issues on the splash screen
The pixels should be drawn correctly when the interface is presented so I’d recommend talking to support. It might be a connection that isn’t seated well and that makes better contact after the board warms up.

What happens if the unit has been running for 30 minutes and you restart it?

Back
Top Bottom