Sloppy test of guitarjons trivium patch in mix (no trivium song inside)

Badass riffage!

But I gotta ask you about that snare. That's the freaking snare sound in my head. HOW DID YOU GET IT!?!?!?

Badass riffage!

But I gotta ask you about that snare. That's the freaking snare sound in my head. HOW DID YOU GET IT!?!?!?

Yeah that was honestly like a spit on the tracks to test that tone. I'm just stupid enough to put this kind of shit online :D
That's MetalMachine drums with ludwig supraphonic snare. Im sure i do too hole lotta "mistakes" when i do my snare, but im a twanker, i tweak and set like a bitch, so what comes next might make you say "stupid shit" ...and i am ;)

Snare is routed from superior drummer to snare TOP and snare bottom, those are individually EQ'd and then send to snare "both". Then i do a parallel comp track which i stomp to sound like a snapping branch, but i hardly never use that track, as i'm oftenly satisfied without it, maby just so much that it keeps the snap more when the mastercompressors start to do the shit, and kills a bit of the normal tracks transients. Then, i do another comp track of the snare both track, and i hi/lopass it to have only the low mids, and compress that to hell and back. Blend with the snare both and send those three to "snare buss" what has a minor fix EQ:s. That track is so that it's more easy to set the volume of the snare i build up. Reverb is my favorite reverb plugin sir2 knufinke, that uses real IR's captured on real halls studio rooms etc. I blend that with the metalmachines drumverb and then all do drumbuss.

So, i've heard some people get better results doing less... i don't because im a fucknut :D

Back
Top Bottom