I was experimenting with some stereo setups for high gain tones. The Soldano SLO and ENGL Savage are the widest, phattest, and chuggiest combo I came across. I'm sure there are other pairings which are awesome, too, but there is just something magical happening with these two amps and my setup (and ears as well?).

Give it a whirl and let me know if you like it! http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9841

There are two scenes. The first one is wider since the amps are dialled in slightly differently. The second one is a bit more balanced; the only difference is that I dialled the Savage 120 a bit differently to be slightly closer to the SLO.

I'm using third party cabs for my own preset (ML Sound Lab's Best IR in the World and the USA Djent 121 B1), but I have used the closest factory cabs I could find. The Best IR in the world is free and you can get it on the forum if you are so inclined; the second IR is in the factory cabs.

Not using it stereo but summed up in mono is just as good. EXTREMELY tight but could use a tiny bit more on the depth dial but that's personal taste

Added it to my presets. Awesome!

Last edited:
Not using it stereo but summed up in mono is just as good. EXTREMELY tight but could use a tiny bit more on the depth dial but that's personal taste
I tried that, too! Works pretty good, although I find my high-gain needs more or less fulfilled by FAS Modern I for mono.

I've found that depth really depends on pickups and tuning. For my pickups and guitar in Drop C, the current settings were plenty; although for a mix, I might further carve the low end out a bit!

Added it to my presets. Awesome!
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom