SLO + JCM800 + way too many notes = ...

Hey All, it's been a long time since I've been around! I have made a (late) new years resolution to start recording more, and I thought this would be a good excuse for re-introduction...

I just recorded a solo for an artist in Boston, it was a ton of fun and the Axe provided all the sounds.

SLO on the left, JCM800 on the right, and a generous amount of gain. Tell me what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/klaveguitars/shred-a-thon

Thanks for listening!

Who ever said it was too many notes? I think it is just the right amount! ":eagerness:"

Sounds are great, just to clarify, JCM800 on the right...That was the melody track, the SLO laying down the chunky rhythm. Sound was great as Axe-Fx usually is, so I'll evaluate the performance. Perfect articulation and timing on all the notes and crazy-good vibrato, I'm inspired!

Hey EricP1954, thanks for the comment! I only did the lead - the rest of the guitars were done by the artist. For this lead patch I used two amps, to fatten the tone a bit. So the signal path on the left side of the lead is different from the right side. It's a cool trick, and much easier to pull off with the Axe than with a pair of cranked Tube amps.

Nice lead tone. In the 95th percentile of my likes. The attack is very round, versus the typical 'tick tack'-y-ness. Fabulous playing of course.

For information's sake, the lead is too loud in the mix.

Thanks for listening and for all the kind comments!

Loquenau, you are right, the levels are off, I should have mentioned this is just a premix with my solo slapped on top of it. I'm sure once they mix it properly it will be balanced. On the other hand, can a lead ever be too loud? Hehehe

Not a big Marshall fan, but one needs to admit that it is a work horse and gets the job done. But I really liked your solo, maybe too many notes for the average listener, I thought it suited the stlyle most of the time. Good NY's resolution :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom