Slide Presets...please

RossE

Inspired
I'm hoping some of you might have a 'go to' slide preset or two you'd be willing to share. I know it is subjective, depending on the guitar used and player's skill. I've tried the tweed amps, the Car and several other amps. I've played with verb/delay/OD, as well as pickup selection and tone/vol knob settings. I saw a thread mentioning the Double Verb and SLO100, which I plan to try.

Right now I'm looking for a Stuck In The Middle With You/Steelers Wheel slide tone. I'm getting close to happy using the Car model. But....will also be looking for something that screams like the SLO. Not much out on Axe Change.

Bottomline, the results I'm dialing up are ok to good. Would love to find a couple of presets that blow me away, like some Sonny Landreth tone.

Presets to play around with and/or general tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Geezerjohn....I tried the presets. Really like the delay block you dialed in. It added that bit of something I had been missing. I ended up trying the SLO100 CLN and was hooked immediately. Just seems to fit my guitar and the tone I hear in my head. Wouldn't have gotten there without your delay lock. Thank you.

One thing I'd love to find from the forum group, from Axe-FX users, is anyone who is using two compressors, 1176-style, in series to get that Lowell George thing going on?

I've fiddled with it a few times but never quite nailed it in preset form (Yet!). On my long to-do list to get it right, but any help or tips are welcome here!.

One thing I'd love to find from the forum group, from Axe-FX users, is anyone who is using two compressors, 1176-style, in series to get that Lowell George thing going on?

I've fiddled with it a few times but never quite nailed it in preset form (Yet!). On my long to-do list to get it right, but any help or tips are welcome here!.

I've tried and haven't gotten the Lowell vibe and haven't achieved the Cali Slide Rig vibe either.

Weirdly using the faux AC/DC Shaffer effect, compression -> expansion, had better results for me.

I ended up just using the optical compressor in front of the amp and the feedback mode of the output comp of the amp block to get where I liked it. Still not like the 1176 -> 1176 tone though. I think those comps used by Little Feat must have been certain particular 1176's that had a particular one off thing that just worked.

I use my normal non-slide SLO100 preset for slide. Using a Coricidin bottle I got in the 70's from the real medicine lol. Bought at a drugstore. Was a closet find for me. 4 siblings and we all had hay fever allergies. Read about the Coricidin slide in Guitar Player, went up to the bathroom closet, BOOM, we had a Coricidin bottle lol.

Back
Top Bottom