• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Slash's Sound on Royer Labs website

barhrecords

Axe-Master
Thanks for that post.

I downloaded the .wav file to check out the frequency content etc.

Killer Marshall tone.

Nero

Inspired
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is where I should post this, but thought you guys would like to hear this.

http://royerlabs.com/library/slash/

thx
Davis
That's awesome, how did you find this? that's a track called Speed Parade from Ain't Life Grand, Slash's Snakepit second album, i think he was recording with the Silver Jubilees at the time (his signature model of the 90's)

Great find!

df925

FYI, just found this

Looks like he is using 2555.
Presence 2, Bass 9 Mid 5 Treb 5, Output Vol 8, Gain 5.

Output Vol looks pulled.

I tried the settings using Brit Silver. It was close, but his sound was little more scooped, a little more mid highs, a little less mid lows, and alittle more lows. Also I had to turn down the Gain, like 2 or 3.

Anyone else have any luck?

Last edited:

deleted

Inspired
What's the gain setting on the Silver Jubilee? 2?
I'm wondering about why the output knobs on both amps are pulled and the input gain knobs are not. With this setting the silver jubilee (and I guess the jcm signature too) operates on the clean channel.

FarleyUK

Inspired
If the physical sensation of sex could be translated into an aural experience, that would be it.

Good lord, I love Slash's tone from the UYI / Snakepit era.

PLEASE someone try and tonematch this!

Bman

Experienced
I thought Slash was partial to V30's. I believe he also like to use a GE pedal definitely in front as a boost live, but I I read somewhere he sometimes used them in the FX Loop too. Great tone no matter how he got there.

FarleyUK

Inspired
I believe during the UYI era he used Greenbacks though.... however, he normally does use v30s (70w I think).

Top Bottom