Slash going to use Magnatone instead of Marshall for Conspiritors Tour next year?

Dave Freidman was on recent tone talk w Jason from Headfirst and he commented that he went and saw GNR and both Slash and Fortous had the M80s and he was not very impressed he said the tone was fine if a bit muddy but it didn’t have that ratty signature GNR. Sound

A product made in my hometown of St. Louis. Obied Khan knows what good marshalls sound like. If you get an opportunity, check out a Khan Pak if you get a chance, great marshall tone in a small package. I'm interested to hear how his new bf fender pak sounds.

Fun fact, Rich Fortus was my first guitar teacher, and I took lessons from him for couple years before he moved to LA. He was playing in The Eyes/Pale Divine at the time.

Dave Freidman was on recent tone talk w Jason from Headfirst and he commented that he went and saw GNR and both Slash and Fortous had the M80s and he was not very impressed he said the tone was fine if a bit muddy but it didn’t have that ratty signature GNR. Sound
Fwiw I agree with Dave. Slash is my favorite and I’ve seen him live a bunch with myles and once with GNR. I’ve heard some other poor tones from live shows as well on YouTube. And the newer albums tone wise are hit or miss (but obviously depending what he was even going for). But I just stumbled across this and my god the tone. It just kicks ass here.

Back
Top Bottom