Skid Row I Remember You solo anyone come close?

finstah

I just heard I Remember You and was blown away by the tone used on the solo. Rich, full and warm and sick pinch harmonics.

Wondering if anyone has come close to getting this tone?

Yeah, the guys were using MP1's back then. It was really the unit of choice in the late 80's early 90's. Most were modified or at least produced after the original recording. Haven't tried to reproduce that one yet...I would be guessing close with the 800 and an overdrive, TS808 was also a popular one at the time, as it still is today :mrgreen:

You guys may be correct on the MP1, but I am almost positive I read they were using Rivera TBR heads for that album.

Hmm interesting about the MP-1. Got that covered. :lol:

But how does he get such a FULL, rich tone with the effects?

Dam you! I had never heard any of Skid Row's stuff but now you have got me addicted to this song!

Regarding tone, this is coming from a total noob but I would experiment with a lot of parallel routing to maintaining the clarity of the dry guitar.

That tone was created using an ADA-MP1 and a Furman PQ3 parametric eq. Michael Wagener got them that sound in the studio. That was Michaels prefered setup in the 80's.

As far as a creating a patch Im pretty sure that you can get that tone by tweaking a high gain amp model or preamp with the parametric EQ.

all the best!

~R~

They were using MP-1's back in the day into a Greenback loaded Marshall cab. That was for the rhythms. For leads, they used a variety of amps, including an old lower wattage (all tube) Groove Tubes amp. There's no record of what amp was used per solo. Reverb was added after the fact in the mix. I'd go with a Triaxis/JMP-1 model for that type of tone.

Back
Top Bottom