SKB case ventilation

Hey I have the AF3 installed in 1SKB-R6UW and need to create some ventilation since I'm using it like a suitcase by not opening the back/bottom lid.

Any ideas on where, size and shape of ventilation should be added to give the AF3 what it needs while maintaining the case strength?

Thanx!

I have a similar rack and I just take the front and back lids off and leave it in my stand.

I have no spare space in the front and my Furman conditioner is in the back, with 5U worth of vented plates in the rear. Needs a bit of a clean .. I'll get Henry on the case in the morning

Attachments

• Rack.jpg
    Rack.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 31
I have a similar rack and I just take the front and back lids off and leave it in my stand.

I have no spare space in the front and my Furman conditioner is in the back, with 5U worth of vented plates in the rear. Needs a bit of a clean .. I'll get Henry on the case in the morning
Neat, thanks for sharing the photo.

In my case I'm not removing the back lid and all slots are taken. So I'll need to install ventilation.

Neat, thanks for sharing the photo.

In my case I'm not removing the back lid and all slots are taken. So I'll need to install ventilation.

All slots in the rear too ?

Here is the back of my rack and the stand and the view from the bottom. ... At our shows, my Axe FX gets plugged in for sound check at around 3pm and we go on at 7:30pm then finish at around 11pm. My rack is powered up around 8 hours minimum and its fine, its what its designed to do. In studio situations, the Axe FX is seldom switched off for days on end.

Attachments

• base.jpg
    base.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
All slots in the rear too ?

Here is the back of my rack and the stand and the view from the bottom. ... At our shows, my Axe FX gets plugged in for sound check at around 3pm and we go on at 7:30pm then finish at around 11pm. My rack is powered up around 8 hours minimum and its fine, its what its designed to do. In studio situations, the Axe FX is seldom switched off for days on end.
All slots in the back are available but the lid will be on the back of the unit. Think like its a suitcase

Attachments

• Live 1.jpeg
    Live 1.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 22
  • Live 2.jpg
    Live 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom