Singtall preset superpack in the works.

Already moving on to the II? GAS is a strange beast.

honestly, i had no plans on getting the II anytime soon....but someone wants to buy some of my old gear, and that money plus selling the ultra would give me enough to buy a II. so i thought "hmmm, maybe i should upgrade". ;)

i'm gonna try to make the superpack of presets much bigger before i give up the ultra though.

i actually don't like the Kemper. i like to deep edit amps, and that's not what the Kemper is all about. but thanks for your concern. ;)

honestly, i had no plans on getting the II anytime soon....but someone wants to buy some of my old gear, and that money plus selling the ultra would give me enough to buy a II. so i thought "hmmm, maybe i should upgrade". ;)

Hey buddy, if and when you upgrade you must share your impressions. I've contemplated getting the II,,but I still have plenty to learn on my Ultra, but if theres a real sonic ear difference, I must consider, since I too have gear that needs love.
Thnx again for your patch work sir.
Peace.

the weird thing is that sound quality is really a matter of taste. honestly, i didn't hear one clip that made me think the axe-fx was better or even as good as the eleven rack. i really got the axe-fx ultra out of curiosity. i thought that with that amount of power, surely good tone could be had. once i made my first comparison clip i was sold on the axe-fx.

here is the clip i made: https://soundcloud.com/singtall/11r-vs-axe-ultra

i am just at the beginning of my axe-fx journey, and like i did the other modelers i've used, i would like to exhaust all options before moving on. i will be working on a lot more presets for the std/ultra in the real near future. but how many presets i make will largely depend on the feedback i receive from you guys. if there is no need for presets, then there is no sense in me spending a lot of time making them.

i just made a HUGE sounding metal preset using two amps and a custom cabinet. i thought i would share it here. click the links to download preset and cabinet:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5622773/Singtall V30 Cab.syx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5622773/Singtall Huge Metal 1.syx

still being new to the axe-fx, i'm not sure how important it is to have my cab sim loaded in the same location that i have it in. does the preset remember the cab sim, or just the user location? i have this cab sim right in the middle i think. well, load the preset and put that cab where ever it needs to be. you can always point the preset in the right place and save it with the new cabinet location. but i'm using the cab sim with no mic.....feel free to add a mic if you feel it needs it.

Last edited:
i'm surprised by how slow this forum is (on the std/ultra side). i want to make a few hundred good presets, but everything is dependent on having one superbad preset to measure everything by. i'm still trying to narrow that down. i was hoping to get more response from you guys so i could get things going, but i guess everybody already has the presets they need.

what i need is the following questions answered:
1) playing through a full range speaker; how do the presets sound?
2) do they cut through in a band setting?
3) which preset is the best?

once i know the best setting and if it needs any improvement, i can use that preset to measure all others to make sure they are still in the right tonal neighborhood.

i'm surprised by how slow this forum is (on the std/ultra side). i want to make a few hundred good presets, but everything is dependent on having one superbad preset to measure everything by. i'm still trying to narrow that down. i was hoping to get more response from you guys so i could get things going, but i guess everybody already has the presets they need.

what i need is the following questions answered:
1) playing through a full range speaker; how do the presets sound?
2) do they cut through in a band setting?
3) which preset is the best?

once i know the best setting and if it needs any improvement, i can use that preset to measure all others to make sure they are still in the right tonal neighborhood.

I think there are just too many sources for Axe FX presets, on the Eleven Rack you were pretty much it. If you're deep into working with the Axe FX Ultra and are creating patches any ways, I think everyone who owns one would appreciate it, but don't expect much in the way of response.

I can't remember if they did Ultra presets, but Fremen, Yek and Steadystate are 3 users who have done some cool presets.

if there are ANY sources for good presets, please let me know. i haven't found much yet.

I don't use an Ultra any more, but when I did, I picked up a lot of outstanding presets through the axechange, youtube and various other forums I'm not sure I can mention on this forum.

The internet is littered with them, just takes a little digging.

Like I said earlier, if you're already creating patches and have the time to put together a pack I think everyone would appreciate it, but I wouldn't count on much verbal response, as unfortunate as that is.

as cool as the axe-fx std and ultra are, it's a shame that no one is talking about it much.

as cool as the axe-fx std and ultra are, it's a shame that no one is talking about it much.

Perhaps, but for most tweakers, it's all about having the latest and greatest. Music is secondary.

This works to some benefit, in that I am now able to buy gear for cheap that only a few years ago fetched top dollar.

Thats because you are 2 years too late and your on the official Fractal forum which is predominantly focused on the latest version of Axe FX2.
Yes there are a few of us Ultra users here but the majority of our time is spent helping with set up and connectivity of the new users whom have just picked up a second hand Ultra.
As for pro patches,Tone matches etc......there are tons already done,everything you would need as a basis for ones own tone has been covered.

So maybe stepping into the current model would garner you more interest,though a lot more work with having to start over every couple of months with each new update.

But if you want make a real difference playing with the 2 would be your best bet IMO......food for thought.

is there a forum or place where people talk about the std/ultra besides here?

where can i find all of the presets you guys mentioned? i searched a bit but didn't find much.

the axe II is on my radar....

I based many of mine on Yek's and Mark Day's

Your Plexi 2 patch I'm using at the moment has a fair bit of bottom end on it through FRFR but it works for the song I'm using it for so I don't mind. I need to find some quality time to work with your presets in the next week

Unfortunately, the majority of the "heavy posters" and big fans of Fractal Audio have migrated to the Axe-FX II (*if* they're old timers... if not, then onlt the II can be bought now). No the forum has lost most of its appeal for the occasional old-timers (like myself) who are still using their Ultra.

It's a shame because it's an incredible piece of gear, and deserves a lot more airtime than it gets. So what if it's mature and froze? If you bought a tube amp, it would also be "mature and frozen", that wouldn't stop anyone from being excited about it.

But Fractal customers in general seem to be putting a lot of hype on the "latest and greatest", so the community of Ultra users has pretty much died. Too bad...

I will be checking your presets this weekend on my trusty old Ultra (and I don't believe that all bases for sounds have already been explored... or maybe they have been explored, but not by everyone). Thanks for your contribution, and I (for one) hope that you will put out more presets.

Hey Singtall, I am a current gen 1 ultra user, and love it. It is sad that there isnt much more traffic here, but I do plan on downloading your pack, just havent gotten around to it. I never had a laptop to download presets and try out, so all my patches the past two years have been my own creation....now that I have a laptop, that will work with axe edit as well, I've been trying all the presets, and downloads I can find.

I will get your pack soon when I can, and I'd be curious to try your patches.

I did try a batch of about 5 or 6 patches you had....i thought the tones were pretty decent, too much delay/reverb for me, but the core amp sound is what I'm most insterested in as I have a wide enough selection of IR's, i'm just always curious what advanced parameters other users are tweaking in order to expand my thought process while looking for tones...

Back
Top Bottom