Singtall preset superpack in the works.

I really liked a couple of them with different cabs. Recto 1/2 + JM2000 + R121 = heaven for nearly every patch with gain. I played with one of them and turned it into one of the best sounding clean patches I've ever played; that perfect "in-between" tone when it sounds clean and warm and full, but playing harder makes it sparkle and gives the tiny bit of smooth crunch to it. I probably sound crazy, lol. Thanks.

my presets are designed to give you a starting point to create other presets...or use as-is if you don't like to tweak much.

if you don't mind, email me a couple presets that you tweaked so i can see what it sounds like:

rossjjohnson@gmail.com

the ones i like the best use third party IR's.Ownhammer and guitarhack and an Engl cab fron the sticky list that used to be up.
i'll go through them tomorrow and see if i can switch out to some stock cabs.

Curious the name of the engl ir you use?

really don't remember which one might have been one of these

03 Poidaobi - ENGL V30 higher presence
thats the one I use, just found it. thanks!
Its one of my go to IR's ....thought it would be funny if it was the same

i took the axe ultra out to band practice at church tonight. i also brought the eleven rack as a backup. i have several presets dialed up on the eleven rack that sound great live, so the mission was to get at least that good of a tone, if not pass it up.

first up; the eleven rack with my "my boy blue" preset. very tight and in your face. cuts through the band mix well.

next up the axe ultra; tried about 40-50 presets and everything just sounded compressed and cardboard. kind of all the same, and not very good. something had to be wrong, because in the studio the axe killed! the problem was that i was running the axe-fx 1/4" outs into the eleven rack 1/4" effects return and i was pushing it too hard. why did i have it hooked that way? because i was using the eleven rack for headphones at home.

after changing the hookup to axe-fx 1/4" outs to power amp with 2 passive monitors, and xlr out to mixer through powered monitors i had a better sounding rig.

i ended up using my latest "Faith, Hope, Love" king's x preset. i had to boost some highs and presence while cutting some lows. the amp model was the plexi 2. the guitar was a super strat with humbuckers. the end tone was creamy and much more like a real amp instead of a modeler. at the end of practice i A/B'd the 2 units again and decided to go axe-fx all the way. the only bad thing is that i starting thinking about how much better an axe-fx II might sound. lol.

i'm still going to hold on to the eleven rack as an interface and backup rig though.

I'm using your Plexi 2 patch for Chris Tomlin's Let God Arise on Sunday. we've turned it into more of a 70's hard blues rock style song.
Even without the delay block active I get a huge sound with this patch

i took the axe ultra out to band practice at church tonight. i also brought the eleven rack as a backup. i have several presets dialed up on the eleven rack that sound great live, so the mission was to get at least that good of a tone, if not pass it up.

first up; the eleven rack with my "my boy blue" preset. very tight and in your face. cuts through the band mix well.

next up the axe ultra; tried about 40-50 presets and everything just sounded compressed and cardboard. kind of all the same, and not very good. something had to be wrong, because in the studio the axe killed! the problem was that i was running the axe-fx 1/4" outs into the eleven rack 1/4" effects return and i was pushing it too hard. why did i have it hooked that way? because i was using the eleven rack for headphones at home.

after changing the hookup to axe-fx 1/4" outs to power amp with 2 passive monitors, and xlr out to mixer through powered monitors i had a better sounding rig.

i ended up using my latest "Faith, Hope, Love" king's x preset. i had to boost some highs and presence while cutting some lows. the amp model was the plexi 2. the guitar was a super strat with humbuckers. the end tone was creamy and much more like a real amp instead of a modeler. at the end of practice i A/B'd the 2 units again and decided to go axe-fx all the way. the only bad thing is that i starting thinking about how much better an axe-fx II might sound. lol.

i'm still going to hold on to the eleven rack as an interface and backup rig though.

Glad you got everything worked out! And if you are ever in my area(pittsburgh) you are more than welcome to stop by to try out the axe fx II to see how it sounds.

i think i'm gonna stick with the ultra for now. the II just costs too much for me to afford at the moment. but when the III comes out, i'm sure the II prices will drop a little and maybe by then i will have the cash available.

i'm working on studio presets for the most part, but i will also be working on either a global eq for live or just a PEQ on each preset that can be turned on for live use.

ok, here is the Singtall Superpack download link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5622773/Singtall Axe fx Superpack.zip

this is my first stab at presets, so it's free to the public for now. at some point the superpack will be available by donation only. if you already have my eleven rack superpack, you will also get the axe-fx superpack as a "thank you" for supporting me when i really needed you.

there are currently 49 presets in the pack as of today.

Awesome thanks. Definitely worth checking out the new wellspring producer ir pack. Very cool addition. Looking forward to the next release of high gain cabs.

i'm going to work the stock cabs to their fullest first, then get some IR packs if i still feel the need....but right now, i'm liking what i'm hearing. the cabs just need a little eq to come alive.

i used one of my Fryette presets today at church and it sounded great live. my humbucker equipped guitar sounded almost single coil when my guitar volume was rolled back. was nice. this is my first time going all axe-fx with no backup.

If someone put together ((For the AF2)) Popular song presets with scenes for the gigging guitarist, they would make a fortune.

As of yet, no one is making available popular classic rock / Blues / country presets.

Back
Top Bottom