Singtall preset superpack in the works.

Singtall

Experienced
Vendor
i am working on a huge preset pack for the std/ultra. in this pack i will explore every amp model, with any/all cabs that work with it...and save every preset that sounds good. plus i will make a bunch of artist presets. at this point i am still in the beta stage and getting to know the axe-fx on my time; once i have a good working knowledge and i start taking requests, i will end up taking donations to cover studio time.

these presets all have the same cabinet and eq in common, just like they would if i owned these heads and played them through the only cabinet(s) i have.

i tweaked other parameters to help clean up some of the low end flab on certain amp models too.

while making the presets, i was particularly impressed by the clarity of the plexi model. try the presets and let me know what you think. thanks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5622773/Axe-fx Presets.zip

Last edited:
the presets are all Krunch presets, which are designed to clean up when you roll back your guitar volume control. i will separate the krunch presets from the lead/djent/clean and artist presets in folders.

thanks guys. what i need know is feedback from a couple people letting me know if these presets all generally work for them. i have to have a base tone to work off of. the way i work things out is to first establish the brown sound of sorts with every amp. then i can take those presets different places with an eq and other mic/cab combinations.

i'm using the same superstrat with humbuckers that i've been using for the last 5 years to make the presets. headphones are audio technica atm50's. these presets should work on most full range speakers and most humbucker equipped guitars.

Last edited:
It's good to have some new blood working on the Ultra!

I look forward to checking your patches out as you create them.

Some Keith Urban type ones would be good ;)

i'm on hold right now because i haven't got one opinion on the presets so far. i really need someone to verify if these presets work for them.....then i can get on
with making a few hundred presets.

Last edited:
the shiva and the jtm 45 sounded pretty good.the lows are a little muddled and the high mid boost is a bit harsh.the 2k boost sounded a bit better before the cab sim.tried the presets with it off and it was mud city.at least on my fr gear.with fr it's a constant battle with big ass low end and high fizz.

by the way the guitars sound great on your tracks on soundcloud.

do you have one of your presets that sounds great on your gear that i could check out? i need some comparison presets.

the ones i like the best use third party IR's.Ownhammer and guitarhack and an Engl cab fron the sticky list that used to be up.
i'll go through them tomorrow and see if i can switch out to some stock cabs.

Rderaz, do you have a way of playing back my soundcloud clips through your FR speakers? i would be interested to know if your speakers are decent at playing music as well.

i did some experimenting with a couple monitors and i found the following:

Audio Technica ATM50's sound good with these presets.

Yamaha hm80 monitors sound good too

Alto Truesonic pa speaker sound amazing

QSC K12's sound really good

mackie thump monitors sound harsh

so the flatter speakers sounded best.

I really wish I could try these out. I know how great your 11r superpack is and I am sure this will be just as good or better. If you have a Std/Ultra don't think about getting these, just do it. Ross is a preset magician!

thanks Tom. i need to write down some settings and maybe have you try them on your II and see how it sounds.

These are really solid patches! I need to tame some of the high end on the Plexi (personal preference) I can see some of the others making it into my 'go to' bank.

They really are nice and beefy, you'll give Yek a run for his money with your patches, his are the basis of the ones I use.

Keep up the good work!!!

the plexi does have a bunch of high end, but i like it for a King's X type of preset.

i have about 40 presets made already, and i will be posting those soon.

Are all the PEQ the same settings after the cab? It looks like they are at a glance on your example ones. I've saved the individual blocks so I can put them into my own patch templates

Back
Top Bottom