AFIII Single release

Guitars are on the background. It useful for production puropses but not for tone degustation so to say

Sounds good! Can you give us a rundown on what you used in making this record?

Is the bass recorded with the Axe also?

Tone tasting
Sounds good! Can you give us a rundown on what you used in making this record?

Is the bass recorded with the Axe also?
Thanks for asking. It is a good reminder for me to keep track of what I did. All recording, mixing and mastering done in Logic Pro X. I used many custom presets: AC20, Trainwreck, Super Reverb, Ruby Rocket, Dumble, Plexi. My approach to recording guitars was to tweak every preset each time I recorded a part, no re-amping and not a lot of deep tone searching. Get the basic tone I was looking for, that suited the song and mix, and then try to come up with fresh parts/tracks as I went along. For me this was sort of a digital solution to the way I recorded my last solo album using nothing but tube amps.

I did not use the Fractal for the bass parts, though it was discussed with the bass player for him to give me his direct parts and for me to re-amp them, but there was no need. So any Fractal bass parts of mine from initial demos ended up being discarded. LOL

Thanks for the info.

That’s been my workflow, although I’m looking into taking advantage of the Axe’s DI capability now too. Do you record the tracks dry (amp, cab etc) and add effects when mixing (reverb, delays etc) or record the final sound as is?

Thanks for the info.

That’s been my workflow, although I’m looking into taking advantage of the Axe’s DI capability now too. Do you record the tracks dry (amp, cab etc) and add effects when mixing (reverb, delays etc) or record the final sound as is?
I re-amped a few tracks, here and there, but I use so few effects plus I was intrigued by the idea of committing to the amp/cab sound that mostly I went with that approach. I usually go through the typical re-amp process to always give myself that option if I want it later.

Back
Top Bottom