Single preset routing challenge: Wah Whammy & Volume. Difficulty: 1 expression pedal

npx

Inspired
I have been using 1 spring loaded expression pedal to auto-engage Wah, and have an IA switch on my MFC configured to switch between wah/whammy (via a mixer block tied to external 8, CC#23 ) when needed. This works great. Since the recent MFC firmware enabled tap tempo and tuner on the one switch, I have had a a spare MFC switch begging for something to be programmed on it ever since!

Tonight I decided to try and assign the spare IA switch to making the expression pedal control a volume block, overriding the wah/whammy, and saving me potentially having to use a 2nd pedal (or duplicate patches) simply for volume swells. (Or, shudder to think - the volume knob ON THE GUITAR!!!)

I have it working (see basic patch attached) using a 2nd mixer block tied to external 7, CC#22. (Since it's an Ultra patch and the current version of Axe Edit won't open it if you have a Standard, here's a screenshot.)

Wah Whammy Volume Routing.jpg

So as it stands, the patch default is set for expression pedal 1 to auto-engage wah. The switch assigned to external 8 will toggle between whammy and wah, while the switch assigned to external 7 will engage the volume pedal function, overriding the other switch.

Very useful to me, and hopefully useful to someone else as well! :)

CURRENT LIMITATION - Due to the nature of this routing, the volume block pretty much has to be wherever the wah, pitch and mixer blocks are in the chain. It's after 4am here and much too late for me to give this much more thought tonight, but the next step for this is to figure out a way to do similar switching, yet have the volume block elsewhere in the chain - say, after the amp or a delay or something. Who has their thinking cap on while I go and get some sleep??? :D

Attachments

• HBE WWV Test.syx
    2 KB · Views: 50
Sweeeeeeet. Thanks Bakerman, I'll give that a go! I knew someone must've figured this out already but searching last night didn't pull up that thread. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom