Single Preset Problem

MJ2020

I have a single preset that cannot be loaded. When I click on it or choose it from the hardware, the FM3 freezes. I need to then reset.
I try to use FM3 edit manage preset to delete it. When I choose save, the unit freezes.
Essentially this preset is stuck in the unit and cant be touched.
Anyone has the same experience? Please help.
Thank you

no, I did not had this experiance, but I am by far not using a lot of the stock presets that come with the FM3. I would reload this special, single preset from the fractal website und store it new and retry...

Sorry if i have wasted anyones time. Fixed it. I went into FM3 Edit preset and saved a preset over it, instead of trying to delete it.
And in my previous thread saying I cant upgrade preset, that is solved to. Looks like its this single preset that is causing me grief. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

I'm pasting this text from the FM3 Owner's Manual for those who may see this thread as a reference:

PROBLEMS WITH A SINGLE PRESET
If your FM3 will not boot normally, the problem may just be the current preset. You can force the unit to load an empty initialized preset as follows:
  • Power down the unit and wait five seconds.
  • Power on holding HOME until the boot-up progress bar first appears.
The FM3 will boot with an empty initialized preset in location “000”. You can STORE this to any other location to overwrite a problematic preset.

This has happened to me several times and I've used the Manual's advice to fix it. It only happens on presets I download, not create myself. They load and play fine but when you leave and come back it freezes the unit. Nutty.

Back
Top Bottom