• Humbucker

• P90

• Both

• Other

• No opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sorry, but no. You totally missed the point. :rolleyes:

Sad George Costanza GIF

Erm.....I was really curious as to which people preferred between singles and buckers, as I have been playing a Strat with singles alot recently. But now I suppose we have all types here 😉

This is like asking whether I prefer chili or cornbread. There's a time and a place for each, and it's awesome to have them both at the same time.

Compact stable; 57/08 hamburgers & LR Baggs piezo in the PRS, and SCs by Ron Ellis in the Brondel-Thornton stype.

Everything I need in 2 … For now…

(Have some EMG J active pups coming eventually on another, current project, and some more Ron Ellis love in a tele build starting this month.)

IMG_0699.jpeg

Dual humbuckers with 5-way blade switch. Pretty good emulation of the in-between strat/tele/les paul tones depending on pickup type, plus full on humbucker mode. I'm really wanting a good set of filter-trons. Certain single coils in neck position can be magic though.

I'm not playing in cover/commercial bands now, so don't care about flexibility or tonal palette - so single coils only for me.
Their bite, clarity, scratching sound of the attack is something I can't live without.
Tried many humbuckers, love some of them, but for me the sweetness and aggression of a good single coil tops any humbucker in existence.
I know some consider humbuckers more aggressive but they are just louder and fatter! Singles are where all the screaming is!

Back
Top Bottom