Simply Rock

dieter

Inspired
I love my Ultra, although thinking of buying an AXE FX II(I Love new toys) I did this recording and some others a couple of weeks ago and I'm still amazed what these little black box can do.I've got my first AXE FX Standard 2007 and a Year later I' bought the Ultra and I must say their are no regrets so far.
I also would like to take this opportunity to thank Cliff for these great tool and also all the other guys like Yek, Scott Peterson and all the others which have helped me to understand and use these box just from reading their comments.
Guitars and Bass into Ultra into reaper, drums are Addictive Drums
Comments are welcome
Dieter

Sounds great. Which sim is that in the lead tone? Almost like there's a wah pedal (fixed position) inbetween.

THX Yek
There are actually 2 sims one is the USA lead 1 and the other is the USA IIC+2. This patch is called "Hand On Earth" and I can't remember who posted it. But i liked it and had
just to make some minor tweaks to get it to work for me. There is no wha pedal activated but there is a filter in front of the sims and some eq in between.

THX Yek
There are actually 2 sims one is the USA lead 1 and the other is the USA IIC+2. This patch is called "Hand On Earth" and I can't remember who posted it. But i liked it and had
just to make some minor tweaks to get it to work for me. There is no wha pedal activated but there is a filter in front of the sims and some eq in between.

Thanks, may give that a try.

EDIT: found it.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/ultra...equest-steve-vai-lead-patch-2.html#post454786

Last edited:
I assume the patch creator meant to name this after a Vai song "Hand on Heart". Sounds nice.

Dieter- That was VERY cool. Great sound and playing. It's refreshing to hear some good ol' rock sounds as compared to the "chug-a-chug-a-chug-a" riffs that grace the forum. Not knocking that style, just hear soooo much of it. Great job. Dieter Rocks!!!!

Peace

THX for listening and for the kind words mojave

Have you by any chance listened to my other song below I put some notes on it so that people don't have to listen to the whole song. At the end of this song I've tried to get a Steve Ray Vaughn-ish Vibe Or may be how he could have sounded when he would be still amongst us. Not saying that I can play like him.

Cheers

Dieter-Just finished listening to your other songs- Wow....GREAT job. Especially loved the Drop C song. Would you mind sharing the patches on this one? Great tone and playing. You really nailed the feel on these. Rock on...

Peace

Dieter-Just finished listening to your other songs- Wow....GREAT job. Especially loved the Drop C song. Would you mind sharing the patches on this one? Great tone and playing. You really nailed the feel on these. Rock on...

Peace

Hi rockx
Just got up it's 6:45 am in Australia . Will upload the patches during the day.
THX again for listening

Cheers

Hi rockfx

These are the patches I used for the Drop C song. First of all I have to say kudos to yek who did a incredible work on creating these presets (Marsha and Vibrolux)and many many others. I just adjusted them to my liking eg put an additional peq in or used my user cab (Redwirez Bogner V30T75 cab edge off axis 2 inch mic SM57) For the additional peq, it is called PEQ xotic ep booster and was created from Don Peterson so kudos to him.
The lead patch is the studio lead 1 preset where i added phaser, Rotary and the PEQ from Don.
Just keep in mind that I work a lot with the Volume and tone control on the guitar.

Marsha for the rhythm guitar, Vibro for the clean-ish solo and the studio lead for the solo at the end

Cheers

Attachments

• Marsha HBE edited.syx
    2 KB · Views: 12
  • Fender Vibro edited2.syx
    2 KB · Views: 11
  • Studio Lead.syx
    2 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom