Simple way to change tempo using a front knob button?

Nagi Mysore

Inspired
Is there a simple way to do that where we can assign one of the knobs permanently to tempo?

I use a single preset for a bunch of songs with tempo changes only. Instead of creating presets for each song, I just wanna use the rotary encoders.

Also - does anyone know of an external rotary dial encoder that can be hooked up. All I need is one dial that that will just change tempo.

Thanks in advance

NM

It doesn't seem to stay on the screen long enough to make an accurate change easily. Preferably if an ABCD encoders can be assigned permanently?

Is it possible to control it externally somehow?

It doesn't seem to stay on the screen long enough to make an accurate change easily. Preferably if an ABCD encoders can be assigned permanently?

Is it possible to control it externally somehow?

It might indeed be useful to able to use a MIDI footswitch, and nudge in chosen increments (i.e. 2 bpm, 5 bpm, 10 bpm at a time. Using tap tempo may be alright for most things, but I run the risk of screwing up. Lets say I am writing something with a dotted 8th delay and I want to slowly adjust the tempo while playing (like in increments of 5 bpm).

Also, will Axe Edit be able to use rewire or in some other way get/follow/sync with the DAW tempo (I know, I know, been asked a million times)?

This is from the Axe FX wiki in regards to MIDI parameters and connectivity:

"
  • Beat Clock: I pump beat clock time code into the Axe-Fx II from another device. But I split the beat clock supply before the Axe, and supply the rest of my system from this second line.
"

Okay, but does this modify and sync the Axe FX global tempo, and if so, how do you do this?

Back
Top Bottom