Simple poll how do you use your FM3?

Simple poll how do you use your FM3?

• Total voters
I always use an FRFR on stage, but I also always go to the PA via XLR.
Do some go "straight to PA" with out having some sort of monitor?...that seems weird.
Yes, I do. Do vocalists bring their own FRFR? How do they hear themselves? Floor monitors or In-Ears.

It works the same way for direct guitars. I typically have FOH setup my wedge similar to the FOH mix, with my guitar a little bit hotter. When we play our typical gigs with our own PA, I actually do send the FOH mix to my monitor, with my guitar a little bit hotter. But with all of the low end, that I already get from the back side of our subs, EQ'd out.

I see the benefits in bringing your own FRFR, and always bring one just in case FOH won't accommodate me, or their monitors are awful (haven't needed it in almost ten years of using Fractal). Especially on a really large stage. I have to stay fairly close to my monitor, or the other monitor (bass player) that has my guitar in it.

Last edited:
Yes, I do. Do vocalists bring their own FRFR? How do they hear themselves? Floor monitors or In-Ears.

It works the same way for direct guitars. I typically have FOH setup my wedge similar to the FOH mix, with my guitar a little bit hotter. When we play our typical gigs with our own PA, I actually do send the FOH mix to my monitor, with my guitar a little bit hotter. But with all of the low end, that I already get from the back side of our subs, EQ'd out.

I see the benefits in bringing your own FRFR, and always bring one just in case FOH won't accommodate me, or their monitors are awful (haven't needed it in almost ten years of using Fractal). Especially on a really large stage. I have to stay fairly close to my monitor, or the other monitor (bass player) that has my guitar in it.
Guess I wasn't clear...I asked "Do some go "straight to PA" with out having some sort of monitor?"
Using a house floor monitor or in-ears qualifies as "some sort of monitor" so that wouldn't apply to my question.

Last edited:
Guess I wasn't clear...I asked "Do some go "straight to PA" with out having some sort of monitor?"
Using a house floor monitor or in-ears qualifies as "some sort of monitor" so that wouldn't apply to my question.
I assumed that those that said 'straight to PA' are using a single (mono or stereo) output, and then, like every band member, getting a monitor mix from the FOH to a house wedge with a mix of channels in it.

But that is a bit different than having two completely separate outputs from your Fractal. One to FOH and one to your personal dedicated FRFR speaker.

Last edited:
I started out my working life as an electrical drafter and after toying with a ton of various jobs I became a chef. This all showed to me that I had an artistic viewpoint/sensibility. Health and injuries pushed me back into electrical drafting and subsequently design work which is more on the analytical side. I have discovered that I like as many viewpoints as possible along with my own experiences and point of view to help me form a final opinion or options/directions that I want to go. So thanks, by the time we are out gigging this summer I hope to be fully ready!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom