Simple Midi controller?

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
I don't need any fancy features like banks or variable IA's.. hell I don't even need any CC's. I just need a little box (preferably in a stepped configuration) with 8 IA's. That's it. I need instant access to 8 presets.

Anything like this exist? Is there a simple way to make one?

Sidivan said:
I don't need any fancy features like banks or variable IA's.. hell I don't even need any CC's. I just need a little box (preferably in a stepped configuration) with 8 IA's. That's it. I need instant access to 8 presets.

Anything like this exist?
It's my understanding the Liquid-Foot Jr. can run in 8 IA mode. :)

Well, I'm looking for something "on the cheap" and with the same type of switches as in the LF. I'm not a fan of the switches on the Pod/FCB1010.

Does this even have to be midi? I don't even need it to have a screen... I just something stupid simple with access to 8 patches and doesn't cost $150.

Rocktron Midimate can be had used for around $100-ish.

Peak makes the FCB4n if you prefer stompbox style switches (that only has 4 presets per bank tho, but it's super light and compact).

Tech 21 MIDI Mouse... $109 Even runs on batteries!!!!

286343.jpg

Sidivan said:
Well, I'm looking for something "on the cheap" and with the same type of switches as in the LF. I'm not a fan of the switches on the Pod/FCB1010.

Does this even have to be midi? I don't even need it to have a screen... I just something stupid simple with access to 8 patches and doesn't cost $150.

So, you really don't need IA.(that, I thought, is access to effects/parameters themselves, like instant access to the delay.) You just need any old mid patch controller. for ex": I have an old ART X-12 Has 2 bank buttons up and down. and 5 preste(patch )buttons. I can acess the first 256 presets. Like I need that many. I use about 10.Works great for me. Also will take a volume/expression pedal. Maybe a used one on Ebay. I am NOT selling mine, but If I did, I would imagine I couldn't get more than $30-$040. Cost over $100-5 million years ago. It has been out on stage in the flaorida sun and in in the NY winter. Indestructable!

Novice here!! Rockron MIDI Xchange & Tech 21 MIDI Mouse doesn't need to be programmed? just plugged it and it'll go up and down the patches? Both have runs thru Phantom power?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom