Simeon's Feedback Simulator for the III

Working fine here. Very creative and simple, much easier to set up than Pitch+Comp. It's less forgiving than the real FreqOut, you have to watch out for chirps when ending the note. For some reason the low E string doesn't track well.

I got to around 9:47 building a preset following @Burgs "Brown Sounds and Choosing the Right IR" video and added the synth block in parallel before the amp; just like in your preset. Switched from CS3 to expression pedal 3. You do have to be careful, but it will follow slow, mild string bends. Sounds awesome! I think it sounds very natural, but I've never used the FreqOut. Thanks!

sounds like your life is pretty full in a good way, but would still love to see what you could do with the power of the III...good news is, it appears that FracTool™ has evolved sufficiently that your presets are translated to III pretty accurately now. it should be relatively easy to create simple II or AX8 presets containing your BLK files and fractool them over to the III..dont think there is yet a way to translate BLK files directly (right @AlGrenadine ?). Did you use Fractool to help convert the Feedback preset, @yek ?
Be aware, if you use FracTool to convert files, sometimes the delay block time (if not tied to tempo) can double over original numeric value, so you'll need to go in and fix manually those. FracTool creator AlGrenadine is aware.

here you go. CS3 is rigged up to engage the effect. change that as necessary. you can save the synth block into your block library and then drop it into any preset you like. remember, it's monophonic. i actually prefer this to the freqout, but ymmv
Will this work on the FM3 as well? Very cool!

Hi all,
A bit of a noob here but I remember playing along with a acoustic feedback simulator VST that sounded quite sweet,
Don't know how it has aged but here is the link.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom