Silly Question... Cable direction for EV-1 from FC-12

The current flow is directional in DC, but the cable direction doesn't matter.

I agree, but some manufacturers take the view that direction can/does affect the movement of electrons (yet they can’t seem articulate why/how the supposed directionality of the cable applies to AC?) and therefore the cable will produce different results when used one way vs the other. Lava cable claim to actually test the cables and label the directionality:

—-

IMPORTANT​

Directionality:​

All cables are directional. Drawn copper elicits a grain structure with a chevron shape, clearly visible under a microscope. Each run of Evidence Audio cable is listened to and tested for directionality.

Once directionality is established, a red boot is used on the output side of the cable. Between a guitar and amplifier, connect the red boot to the amplifier.

——

I agree, but some manufacturers take the view that direction can/does affect the movement of electrons (yet they can’t seem articulate why/how the supposed directionality of the cable applies to AC?) and therefore the cable will produce different results when used one way vs the other. Lava cable claim to actually test the cables and label the directionality:

—-

IMPORTANT​

Directionality:​

All cables are directional. Drawn copper elicits a grain structure with a chevron shape, clearly visible under a microscope. Each run of Evidence Audio cable is listened to and tested for directionality.

Once directionality is established, a red boot is used on the output side of the cable. Between a guitar and amplifier, connect the red boot to the amplifier.

——

Explain how that applies to an AC signal. Current doesn't flow in one direction.

I've seen many such claims. Measurable, repeatable proof is needed.

Explain how that applies to an AC signal. Current doesn't flow in one direction.

I've seen many such claims. Measurable, repeatable proof is needed.

It doesn’t apply to AC in my view. Though - for clarity - this thread started about DC (though I can’t imagine it matters there either!).

Back
Top Bottom