Silly Cable Question

Slaytallica

Hey Everyone,

Just have a quick question. Just ordered a new unit with the foot controller.
But nowhere on the site for the foot controller does it say it comes with the midi cable.
Do I need to order this seperately or does one come with the unit?

Thanks for you help!

Peace

SLAY

you need a standard 5 pin midi cable regardless to update the MFC so make sure you have one. i'm uploading my MFC update vid right now. :)

If you just ordered your MFC and AXE, chances are you get the markII versions of those units. So I recommend also ordering an Ethercon cable to power and communicate with the MFC. Ordinary Ethernet cables from your local electronics store will work fine, but you will eventually want to upgrade to ethercon anyway, so why not cut this short and do it right from the start.

As Chris said you need a 5 pin cable aswell, so make sure to get one.

For optional pieces of equipment, I can recommend also buying a Boss FS5U footswitch for tapping the tempo of your presets. You can do it with the MFC, but I think it feels more comfortable with a smooth running switch.
Then, you will probably need one or two expression pedals and the required patchcables.

The AC power supply cable that comes with the AXE is pretty damn short. So if you have larger distances to your next power supply, make sure to get a longer cable on that aswell.

Don't use ethercon/Ethernet cable AND the power supply at the same time! Ethernet provides power so you should use both. But keep that power supply handy just in case.

Back
Top Bottom