Silent gap when automating scene changes normal?

Pelikanen

Inspired
I'm automating scene changes in Logic Pro 9 and it works fine so far except for this silent gap when switching scenes. There's also some weirdness going on when switching to a scene that has delay.

Any tips?

1. Is Axe-Edit running? This will cause gaps. Turn it off or 'Pause' communication.
  2. Does this happen when switching scenes from the front panel?
  3. Do you have Amp block X/Y switching happening? This causes small gaps.
  4. What is the 'Bypass Mode' of your Delay block?
  5. Do you have Delay block X/Y switching happening?
Would need to see the preset to advise any further.

1. Is Axe-Edit running? This will cause gaps. Turn it off or 'Pause' communication.
  2. Does this happen when switching scenes from the front panel?
  3. Do you have Amp block X/Y switching happening? This causes small gaps.
  4. What is the 'Bypass Mode' of your Delay block?
  5. Do you have Delay block X/Y switching happening?
Would need to see the preset to advise any further.

Here's the preset as it is. Axe Fx II XL, Quantum 3.03.

When Axe-Edit is running there are more gaps yes.
Switching from the front panel works a lot better.
There are no X/Y switching between amps, however there are entire amp block switching going on, from dist to clean.
Bypass mode is Thru.
Yes there is Delay block X/Y going on.

Attachments

• Sthlm Underground live preset.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
It's from a very old firmware, so I can't make any edits and re-post the preset, as it will become a Q10.01 preset at that point and not work on your unit.

There are a lot of bypassed blocks (needlessly?) switching between X/Y in some scenes? Which scenes are you using? Add a second Delay block instead of using X/Y. Set the Reverb and Delay block's bypass states to 'Mute fx In' for better spill-over when bypassed.

Are you also sending a program change with each Scene change command? That will cause the preset to re-load with each scene change command. Set the 'Ignore Redundant PC' option in the Midi tab inside of the 'I/O' menu to 'ON'.

Back
Top Bottom