Signal strength of non-Axe FX DI tracks?

Right, but your DI doesn't matter. The only issue here is: is your friend's DI at unity gain? There is no way to answer that by inspecting his DI. You'll have to ask him how he recorded it.

Not a friend of mine, but I will still try and find out! But my DI signal is also very flat next to Leon's as I posted above - I had the same trouble with a DI of his I used in the past that he posted on here from his Axe and thought nothing of it, but now I'm concerned if it's consistently coming up, and I haven't had a chance to use anyone else's until now.

Last edited:
Not a friend of mine, but I will still try and find out! But my DI signal is also very flat next to Leon's as I posted above - I had the same trouble with a DI of his I used in the past that he posted on here from his Axe and thought nothing of it, but now I'm concerned if it's consistently coming up, and I haven't had a chance to use anyone else's until now.
If you want to verify you recorded your DI properly, that's a simple thing to test: Re-amp with it. If it sounds the same as your guitar, then it's fine.

This may be a stupid question to most of you, but I'm trying to use someone else's DI tracks to get an idea for how their pickups would sound through my own presets before buying a set. He claims he used an Axe FX 3, but when I put our DIs next to one another to reamp for comparison, his signal strength is like 5x the strength of mine (pickups are similar output) and just overall has a way clearer signal re-amping into the Axe, so I'm confused. What is an Axe FX DI signal supposed to look like compared to other DI signals? How do I equalize them to accurately compare them?
They may have exported them normalized. This is the default on many DAWs.

Either ask them for a non-normalized export, or trim the level down to guitar input level.

They may have exported them normalized. This is the default on many DAWs.

Either ask them for a non-normalized export, or trim the level down to guitar input level.

I asked about it and they're just the regular DI tracks from input 5, nothing changed or normalized. I still don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom