Signal Chain + FX management: is the Axe-FX the only box that does this?

Izzy

Inspired
Maybe this has been asked before, or maybe it hasn't, but is there any other piece of hardware that allows you to arrange your signal chain and effects in such an unlimited and creative manner?

I am using an ULTRA via the FXL with a Triaxis/2:90. I am also using some pedals before and after the AFX. I am very happy with this set up. I have three banks, one for each of my guitars: one electric and two acoustics (no FXL, just a couple of PEQ blocks to boost the signal and then straight to my PA, sounding amazing!).

AXE-EDIT 1 is stable and works well. AXE-MANAGE is a dream for swapping out banks that are edited offline.

It just occurred to me that there really probably is not any other way to do this so easily and so well!

Last edited:
TC G-Force has had that since the mid '90s. Their old mastering plug-ins & Spark 2 track editing software also had this type of layout although it's not as large as the Axe.

I had a TC Fireworx processor that had the same matrix idea, though the matrix was smaller and DSP ran out sooner. It was a very cool processor. One thing the Fireworx did that the Axe doesn't is let you use the digital I/O as fx loop within the matrix. I wish the Axe did that.

Cool. No wonder I kept reading about Triaxis users who had a G-Force. I just looked it up. $1,500 for 8 effects seems a bit steep, especially when compared to the Axe FX!

I second the Sound Sculpture Switchblade . I still have one. An analog version that is equal to, and in some cases, more powerful. Of course, it is only the mixer. efx not included.

Back
Top Bottom